Should Mike Riley bench Tommy Armstrong?

Plaza23

Tommy is the main reason we have lost 3 games. Don't make me go into it again. Coaching gaffs no doubt, but Tommy can really muck it up sometimes.

This is a terrible post. GTFO with this stuff.

Ok, I will explain it again for the low educated;

This is a three year starter remember, not a rookie

BYU - Tommy snapped the ball several times with 12-15 seconds left on the play clock, allowing BYU time for a last drive. The game should have been over after the fieldgoal attempt.

Miami - Throws an ill advised pass while off balance and is intercepted on the first play in overtime. could have easly thrown it away and tried again

Illinois - Tommy gets a call for a quarterback bootleg (one of the safest plays in football) instead of just going down and running out the clock, the throws a terrible pass and stops the clock, allowing plenty of time for Illinois to march down the field and score.

There ya go, hope that helps. Everything is an undisputed fact.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tommy, he is the best quarterback we have and has great heart, he just screws up sometimes and it has cost us games

Safest plays in football? Just stop it's obviously not. Even if Tommy didn't throw, that play is designed for him to run outside. What if he gets pushed out of bounds in that situation? Why run the risk? Why not run inside the tackles where you know there is no risk of going out of bounds and no risk of throwing the ball?

• Fire 1

Tommy is the main reason we have lost 3 games. Don't make me go into it again. Coaching gaffs no doubt, but Tommy can really muck it up sometimes.

BYU - Tommy snapped the ball several times with 12-15 seconds left on the play clock, allowing BYU time for a last drive. The game should have been over after the fieldgoal attempt.

Miami - Throws an ill advised pass while off balance and is intercepted on the first play in overtime. could have easly thrown it away and tried again

Illinois - Tommy gets a call for a quarterback bootleg (one of the safest plays in football) instead of just going down and running out the clock, the throws a terrible pass and stops the clock, allowing plenty of time for Illinois to march down the field and score.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tommy, he is the best quarterback we have and has great heart, he just screws up sometimes and it has cost us games

Safest plays in football? Just stop it's obviously not. Even if Tommy didn't throw, that play is designed for him to run outside. What if he gets pushed out of bounds in that situation? Why run the risk? Why not run inside the tackles where you know there is no risk of going out of bounds and no risk of throwing the ball?

It obviously is, a handoff can result in a fumble, the Qb keeper is as safe as one can get and yet Tommy screwed it up and cost us the game. He falls to the ground and we win. pretty simple. Riley, in fact made the correct call, just poor execution

It obviously is, a handoff can result in a fumble, the Qb keeper is as safe as one can get and yet Tommy screwed it up and cost us the game. He falls to the ground and we win. pretty simple. Riley, in fact made the correct call, just poor execution

You are delusional my friend. Riley even said himself that the play is usually a pass play. Why call what's usually a pass play in a situation that clearly calls for a run play? Doing that only causes confusion which is what happened. The correct call would have been handing it off to a running back, if they happen to fumble it then it's poor execution.

• Fire 1

You are delusional my friend. Riley even said himself that the play is usually a pass play. Why call what's usually a pass play in a situation that clearly calls for a run play? Doing that only causes confusion which is what happened. The correct call would have been handing it off to a running back, if they happen to fumble it then it's poor execution.

It was a bootleg sweep, you do not hand off the ball and risk a fumble. Football 101 Riley and Langsdorf had the right call made. The only delusion is in your head.