So we burn a redshirt to kneel kick offs... Interesting. ?

Taylor21

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever to pull his redshirt six games into the season. They just wasted Stevenson's entire Freshman season. Coaches should have told him "no way".

If he's as good as Badger fans hoped he would be, he won't be playing his senior season, he'll be playing on Sundays.

I wish we could have kept him. He would have come in handy with our top two running backs out.

He'd be in a better personal situation, that's for certain. At least Wisconsin seems to know what a running game is and understands player rotations, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if JS isn't at NU for his SR. season.

I really believe a lot of you are over reacting about this one. We all envision a red shirt and having this guy for five years. Why burn it in a year where the season is basically lost at this point? Reality is, this kid comes from Oak cliffe Dallas(crime everywhere). The chances he sticks around for 5 years is slim to none. Ever thought of the reality that this kid is a piece of work and coaches want to get as much out of him as possible and get him out as soon as possible? i think this was a great move by coaches

I really believe a lot of you are over reacting about this one. We all envision a red shirt and having this guy for five years. Why burn it in a year where the season is basically lost at this point? Reality is, this kid comes from Oak cliffe Dallas(crime everywhere). The chances he sticks around for 5 years is slim to none. Ever thought of the reality that this kid is a piece of work and coaches want to get as much out of him as possible and get him out as soon as possible? i think this was a great move by coaches

Unless a player is needed for positive contibutions to help you win, there is no good reason to burn a redshirt.

And yes, there is still a chance for JS to do just that. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Callahan/Ryan Goodman situation. But since that would be one more notch in the Callahan 2.0 belt, it will probably happen.

He thinks he's going to start for 2-3 years then off to the NFL (might be true he's the best "prospect" on our team for sure)

Great to really good backs don't spend 5 years in college. They have not done so since....forever...the best players do not redshirt at RB and for a very long time, they do not stay 4 years either (I sure as H would NOT and if YOU would, you would be an *idiot*)

Guessing only here...the RS "plan" was partially a coaching ploy to motivate this high talent high attitude player who showed up looking like a pig and probably also not being very good/committed to pass blocking

When a true freshman comes in, is it "burning a redshirt" or giving a player an opportunity? Because it kind of looked like they decided to break Stevenson in on the kickoff team in his first game. And since we haven't played another game since yesterday, I will try to see how this was the worst mistake in college football history. :dumdum