It will have to get worse before it gets better.

Good morning to you too. While I am done "bitching" I tried to rationally think about where we are as a program and how long it might take to be fixed. Is it the talent? Is it the coaching? I am afraid it is both and will take some time to right this ship. Ok, maybe I am not done bitching.

College football has changed since we were on top. The walk-on culture we used to enjoy has evaporated because there are more teams competing at the FBS level. Believe it or not, social media and technology has made the world smaller and changed recruiting. Kids who would stay home and walk on or walk on at their dream program are now finding scholarship opportunities at small (and not so small) schools.

Kids have become more fickle, along with the rest of society. The teams that are currently winning are getting a continuous feed of blue chip talent. Some have 2nd string players what would be the best player on our team. Tradition seems to mean less than the "now." With only four years of eligibility, can you blame them?

The other recruiting variable is programs with ties to the NFL have a huge advantage. Kids want to hear how many players moved on to playing on Sundays and coaches who have "relationships" to professional football.

I am not convinced by anything Riley has done in recent history (even before he came here) that he is capable of running a top flight program. I don't know why anyone is. Not trying to be intentionally negative, I just have been underwhelmed by this hire from the beginning. What Jim Harbaugh has apparently done at Michigan is amazing, but those individuals are so rare...and expensive. The cost of paying two coaches who are no longer on the roster seems doubtful and would only come with a new AD. We are talking at least two years I am afraid.

• Fire 1

Well, after reading this one, I was relieved to realize that it is really pretty good news if you are correct! How you might ask? Well, it can't get much worse so we are almost there already!!! The getting better part will begin soon won't it? Perhaps we should have lost those other two games as well? the sooner we get all these ugly losses out of the way, the sooner we can get on to winning again.

Well, after reading this one, I was relieved to realize that it is really pretty good news if you are correct! How you might ask? Well, it can't get much worse so we are almost there already!!! The getting better part will begin soon won't it? Perhaps we should have lost those other two games as well? the sooner we get all these ugly losses out of the way, the sooner we can get on to winning again.

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

It will take losing more to have Riley replaced, but I can't root for that. However, my guess is next year we are a .500 team and people we say it is progress. The days of being a dominant program aren't just past us, they may never be here again.