Benning's Thoughts. Worth Your Time.

What is it we have here? Is it Muschamp? Is it Strong? Bielema? Dantonio? Rich Rod (Michigan)? Rich Rod (Arizona)?

Time only will tell. Don't lose your heads, guys. I mean, lose it if you like -- but (hopefully most) of us won't.

Good stuff from Damon. He's far from alone in the media, former players, etc, in his voice. I know some people aren't in the mood for having any of it. For many of us, it's a great reflection of how we feel. GBR, you guys.

• Fire 3

Benning is reaching for answers. Sub500 is not a good coach.

There are many facets to being a head coach. A judgement of "good coach" should include all facets. I can't think of a single facet where I would say Sub500 is above average. I can name quite a few where he is woefully below average.

What are his strong suits? What particular facet(s) of coaching is Benning using to call Sub500 a "good coach"?

• Fire 1

Um...no. Being very familiar with DB's "coaching" credentials at Omaha Northwest I can see how he feels a bit of kinship with MR. They both like to bury their heads in the sand and hope problems will sort themselves out and can never figure out why every opponent they face takes full advantage of their vulnerable position and puts foot to ass. :facepalm:

DB's "successes" have always been under someone else's calls. He's never been good at sorting out head and heart issues. He'll always go with his "feeling" over what facts tell him, especially when someone else pays the piper.

He's got the ideal position now as a talking head/radio troll where very little backsplash will ever reach him. Maybe Gameday will come looking for MR to replace Corso? Now there's a reason to hope. :cowbell:

• Fire 1

Um...no. Being very familiar with DB's "coaching" credentials at Omaha Northwest I can see how he feels a bit of kinship with MR. They both like to bury their heads in the sand and hope problems will sort themselves out and can never figure out why every opponent they face takes full advantage of their vulnerable position and puts foot to ass. :facepalm:

DB's "successes" have always been under someone else's calls. He's never been good at sorting out head and heart issues. He'll always go with his "feeling" over what facts tell him, especially when someone else pays the piper.

He's got the ideal position now as a talking head/radio troll where very little backsplash will ever reach him. Maybe Gameday will come looking for MR to replace Corso? Now there's a reason to hope. :cowbell:

To be fair, Tom Osborne could coach Northwest and that wouldn't make a difference.

There are many facets to being a head coach. A judgement of "good coach" should include all facets. I can't think of a single facet where I would say Sub500 is above average. I can name quite a few where he is woefully below average.

What are his strong suits? What particular facet(s) of coaching is Benning using to call Sub500 a "good coach"?

Agreed.

It is mind boggling to me that we have intelligent people even former players asking the fans to completely disregard years of EMPIRICAL evidence and essentally get on board with the suggestion that a carrer .538 college coach will suddenly turn the corner. We are talking about 14 years woth of irefutable evidence..

How many other coaches (if any) have engineered a career turnaround of the sort we're looking for here?

Our desperation to beleive in this guy in the face of reason and logic that clearly indicates that he will fail will sink this program further and I cannot beleive how badly Eichorst bungled this, it is truly mind boggling.

• Fire 3

If you don't want to listen to him, that's your prerogative.

• Fire 1

Agreed.

It is mind boggling to me that we have intelligent people even former players asking the fans to completely disregard years of EMPIRICAL evidence and essentally get on board with the suggestion that a carrer .538 college coach will suddenly turn the corner. We are talking about 14 years woth of irefutable evidence..

How many other coaches (if any) have engineered a career turnaround of the sort we're looking for here?

Our desperation to beleive in this guy in the face of reason and logic that clearly indicates that he will fail will sink this program further and I cannot beleive how badly Eichorst bungled this, it is truly mind boggling.

Admittedly, I can't refute the verbiage in bold.

Some of you make me laugh...

Coaching at Oregon State =/= Coaching at Nebraska

What evidence/data (anectdotal or otherwise) can you provide that suggest Riley will be successful here simply becasue it's Nebraska and not Oregon State and the football budget is larger?

People like you want us to beleive a narrative (he'll succeed now that he's at Nebraska! With access to more money and talent!) that is pure conjecture and speculation based on zero supporting data. You realize how looney that notion reads, right?