LJS: Tenopir finds close connection with Husker staff

zoogs

Wow, that was a great article. I love how this staff makes a point of connecting with the past. Really a great read.

I think the success of the full back trap plays are a direct result of he Tenopir presence at the practices. He knows more about effectively running and blocking that play than anyone. I believe he has also helped the O Line make the progress we have seen so far this year. In my view, our O line is not as talented as we'd like but it is getting better nonetheless. Let's all hope and pray Milt can stay healthy enough and long enough to spend a bunch of years hanging out and lending his experience and encouragement. I am sure just being around the guys is good therapy in his battle.

Great article! Cav's relationship with Tenopir is one reason I don't second guess things like no-rotation for the O-line starters.

I liked this observation he made about Riley's staff:

“I think the coaching staff is superb. The thing that I like most about them is that they remind me so much of our old staff in that Coach Riley has a similar disposition to Coach Osborne," Tenopir says. "There’s not going to ever be another Coach Osborne, but Mike lets the coaches coach, and I think that is really critical. If you have somebody dictating what you’re doing daily, you don’t have enough guts to change it if it’s not working."