What would the Staff have to change for you to get on board?

thatguy

keep em coming guys. I know some of the coaches keep some tabs on what message-board-land thinks.

-

You KNOW that the coaches keep tabs on message boards? Please provide a source. I sure as hell hope that's not true.

Insecure 16 to 18 year-old recruits, maybe. Insecure, paranoid coaches (read Bo), maybe. But if this staff is looking for guidance from US? Then God help them.

keep em coming guys. I know some of the coaches keep some tabs on what message-board-land thinks.

-

You KNOW that the coaches keep tabs on message boards? Please provide a source. I sure as hell hope that's not true.

Insecure 16 to 18 year-old recruits, maybe. Insecure, paranoid coaches (read Bo), maybe. But if this staff is looking for guidance from US? Then God help them.

I've kind of sensed that from this staff this year as well (not that they read message boards, but that they are aware of peoples' thoughts) and I have to say I like it. They're firm on the things that they want to do philosophically, but I think that they are very in touch with the fan base and what they want to see. If our O-Line and TEs could block better, I'd bet we would see a lot more emphasis on the running game.

The depressing thing is this current staff is NOT going to change a thing.

Even if we pull in a highly ranked class, they are still incoming Freshman unless we get JUCO. We are in for a similar season next year and nothing ever better than the last regime's average season.

This is just it, if next year is to be successful, if we are to buy in that when Riley gets his guys in here we will be better, then that puts quite a bit of pressure on Patrick O'Brien and the rest of the incoming freshmen. So, really, how much better will next year be when we are trying to start a bunch of freshmen? Then if next year is just as bad and the administration does decide to let Riley go, then now we have a bunch of players suited for one system, running another system.

Coach gets fired, players are wrong for the new system...new coach gets fired, his recruits are wrong for the next head, and on and on it goes.

The depressing thing is this current staff is NOT going to change a thing.

Even if we pull in a highly ranked class, they are still incoming Freshman unless we get JUCO. We are in for a similar season next year and nothing ever better than the last regime's average season.

This is just it, if next year is to be successful, if we are to buy in that when Riley gets his guys in here we will be better, then that puts quite a bit of pressure on Patrick O'Brien and the rest of the incoming freshmen. So, really, how much better will next year be when we are trying to start a bunch of freshmen? Then if next year is just as bad and the administration does decide to let Riley go, then now we have a bunch of players suited for one system, running another system.

Coach gets fired, players are wrong for the new system...new coach gets fired, his recruits are wrong for the next head, and on and on it goes.

That is why we probably need to find out next guy now. Someone who is going to be in this for the long haul and not looking to retire in a few seasons. We need someone who is willing to bring back a traditional blue collar work ethic. We as fans will also need to be patient once we actually find the right guy. Riley is NOT the right guy. We all knew this deep down once the decision was announced. Many made excuses that he didn't have the right resources in Corvallis etc. etc. etc. ...JUST. STOP. Look at where we are at, and where we are going. The type of offensive philosophy they are trying to put into place was not successful with a better recruiter at the helm. Didn't work then...NOT going to work now.