Did anyone ever mention...

Highway6

I don't get this thread at all. Why are we discrediting multiple local reporters who have stated this occurred? And why are we railing Radar for sharing the tweets and simply saying he believes them?

I have heard this get brought up multiple on 1620 on Sharp & Benning who have discussed it with their guests, like Sipple and Brian Christopherson. It seemed liked they all agreed it happened.

Because the only written instance of this happening is a single tweet. The only corroboration to it is from a poster who said Armstrong was retarded, so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.

I believe I called him stupid, (a widely held concept) not retarded

Nice that you are calling reporters liars because you say you don't have enough evidence to suit you. gotta love it!

Oh, ok, so that totally makes it better.

And FYI, that's literally journalism 101. You provide a source or proof. In the day of twitter, everyone just cites "sources" and every rumor is given credence.

SMH...

Everyone can get away with it nowadays.

However, in many cases, information is often Tweeted out, substantiated by "sources," corroborated by other journalists and then the experts in the situation (in this scenario, the players and coaches) offer statements or answer questions in relation to the Tweeted material.

By what I'm seeing, this story at best got to stop three and the corroboration by other journalists was spotty and inconsistent at best. We shouldn't even be talking about it at this point because of this.

As I stated previously. My source is involved with the football program and is not media. I will not reveal who it is. However, based on their observation and the local medias reporting of the situation, it seemed to be swept under the rug. Maybe because it was perceived that it was not a big deal. Who knows.

6, I hear you....but for not one media member to even ask a question about it is really odd, don't you think?

Yes, I agree.
Cause it is not like the media here is all a bunch of "good ole boys", you know? Dirk would ask, Mike Welch would ask, Sharp might ask, Sam would ask...Just seems odd
which makes me think it was perceived as something minor. Or perhaps maybe Tommy was scheduled to leave practice early anyways and it coincided with Langsdorf giving him the 411 on his decision making. Who knows. I was just curious if anyone else was aware of what happened.

6, I hear you....but for not one media member to even ask a question about it is really odd, don't you think?

Yes, I agree.
Cause it is not like the media here is all a bunch of "good ole boys", you know? Dirk would ask, Mike Welch would ask, Sharp might ask, Sam would ask...Just seems odd
which makes me think it was perceived as something minor. Or perhaps maybe Tommy was scheduled to leave practice early anyways and it coincided with Langsdorf giving him the 411 on his decision making. Who knows. I was just curious if anyone else was aware of what happened.

That is interesting...maybe he was just leaving cause he had to leave. It just seems like this would be a HUGE story in this state..yet it was almost nothing at alll

I don't get this thread at all. Why are we discrediting multiple local reporters who have stated this occurred? And why are we railing Radar for sharing the tweets and simply saying he believes them?

I have heard this get brought up multiple on 1620 on Sharp & Benning who have discussed it with their guests, like Sipple and Brian Christopherson. It seemed liked they all agreed it happened.

Because the only written instance of this happening is a single tweet. The only corroboration to it is from a poster who said Armstrong was retarded, so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.

Nice that you are calling reporters liars because you say you don't have enough evidence to suit you. gotta love it!

And FYI, that's literally journalism 101. You provide a source or proof. In the day of twitter, everyone just cites "sources" and every rumor is given credence.

SMH...

However, in many cases, information is often Tweeted out, substantiated by "sources," corroborated by other journalists and then the experts in the situation (in this scenario, the players and coaches) offer statements or answer questions in relation to the Tweeted material.

By what I'm seeing, this story at best got to stop three and the corroboration by other journalists was spotty and inconsistent at best. We shouldn't even be talking about it at this point because of this.

As I stated previously. My source is involved with the football program and is not media. I will not reveal who it is. However, based on their observation and the local medias reporting of the situation, it seemed to be swept under the rug. Maybe because it was perceived that it was not a big deal. Who knows.

Well, that's what I'm getting at. We are a message board so we pretty much survive on heresay and circumstantial conversation, but even those discussions are typically in tandem with a broader idea. Personally, your one source and a very small/inconsistent smattering of local media talking about it isn't enough to make it a worthy topic, and of the few reporters who have talked about it, they're all seemingly tracing their roots back to the same corp source/s.

Not saying it didn't happen, just that there's not enough here to make it worth talking about IMO.

SMH...

Sean Callahan has stated several times that there are some things that happen at practice that he will not report on.