Question gong forward

HuskerJax

I'd like to think so. Of course, I thought that after the Minnesota game. And against after the Michigan State game.

But I was a little more hopeful this time until I ran across this:

Here's the rub: Utter, Nebraska's junior left guard, said the Huskers thought they could have success running the ball "just because UCLA isn't as big and physical as some of the Big Ten teams. We knew we could pound the rock."

LJS

If you don't have the mind-set that you can pound the rock against people, it's unlikely to happen.

Yup. Can't just wait to run power against smaller, overmatched teams. Gotta man up and dedicate yourself to running against the stouter teams, too.

I'd like to see us run that offense from last night. I understand what's going on in a game like that. You can see the opponent (UCLA) getting discouraged and the Huskers gaining confidence. It was beautiful.

However, UCLA didn't have the horses to stop the run in this game. Many of our Big Ten opponents do. So, it's not as simple as just plug this offense in this season and reap the rewards. We may have had as many 2nd-and-shorts last night as we had all year. That makes a huge difference.

• Fire 1

I'd like to see us run that offense from last night. I understand what's going on in a game like that. You can see the opponent (UCLA) getting discouraged and the Huskers gaining confidence. It was beautiful.

However, UCLA didn't have the horses to stop the run in this game. Many of our Big Ten opponents do. So, it's not as simple as just plug this offense in this season and reap the rewards. We may have had as many 2nd-and-shorts last night as we had all year. That makes a huge difference.

Interesting clash of cultures going in in the staff. They came from a pass happy PAC 12 and seemed to homage to smash mouth football only as a sidebar. Will be interesting going into the Spring. I absolutely loved seeing a team get worn down and gasping for breath in the second half.

• Fire 1

Interesting clash of cultures going in in the staff. They came from a pass happy PAC 12 and seemed to homage to smash mouth football only as a sidebar. Will be interesting going into the Spring. I absolutely loved seeing a team get worn down and gasping for breath in the second half.

It is interesting. I wonder what Riley is thinking. Was he running his West-Coast offense because that's what he could run at Oregon State, or is he truly a believer in it for all occasions? Maybe he's open to switching up. I also wonder about Langsdorf- would he be down with a power rushing offense? Then again, maybe this game was simply the product of having the time and practices to change-up for a single game.

Critics like to attach systems to coaches as critiques, but not all coaches are ideologues. Pragmatism can play a role. Riley's been around a lot of different systems in his time.

I also wonder if they (coaches, admin) will get enough positive juice from this game that they reconsider their offensive style. It'll all make for an interesting offseason.