Return of EA Sports NCAA Football Series?

Here's hoping that until a new NCAA Football title is available...they allow the NCAA14 game on the 360 to be a Backwards Compatible title for the XB1. That right there would garner a lot of goodwill that would sustain until a new title can be created...

Yup, I'd easily settle for that. Ive even considered rebuying a 360 to play again. Madden is just so bland...

Though it *is* only $20 this week, so I may have to bite. Haven't played a football game since NCAA14, save for Madden on occasion at a friend's house...

Here's hoping that until a new NCAA Football title is available...they allow the NCAA14 game on the 360 to be a Backwards Compatible title for the XB1. That right there would garner a lot of goodwill that would sustain until a new title can be created...

Yup, I'd easily settle for that. Ive even considered rebuying a 360 to play again. Madden is just so bland...

Though it *is* only $20 this week, so I may have to bite. Haven't played a football game since NCAA14, save for Madden on occasion at a friend's house...

If you at all enjoy the running game, you'll be let down because it sucks.

If you at all enjoy the running game, you'll be let down because it sucks.

Thanks. Well...f***, nevermind then.

I've got too much of a backlog anyway--between Steam and XB1 sales, I've got enough games to last me until retirement.

Leave it to the NCAA to ruin something so good and pure

I don't know about pure. But it was a good time.

The thing is, anybody -- including EA -- could release an unlicensed collegiate sports game if they wanted to, and in this day and age modders would be all over it in a heartbeat. Like custom NCAA rosters weren't a big thing to begin with.

But if they can't make bank off the brand names and logos, and off the backs of uncompensated student-athletes, they won't do it.

The thing is, anybody -- including EA -- could release an unlicensed collegiate sports game if they wanted to, and in this day and age modders would be all over it in a heartbeat. Like custom NCAA rosters weren't a big thing to begin with.

But if they can't make bank off the brand names and logos, and off the backs of uncompensated student-athletes, they won't do it.

They could still use the school stuff and just randomize the players even more, and it would still be fixed by the community within a day or 2 after release. At this point, I'd be happy with backwards compatibility with the 360 version on the Xbox One, since I don't have a 360 anymore.

They could still use the school stuff and just randomize the players even more, and it would still be fixed by the community within a day or 2 after release. At this point, I'd be happy with backwards compatibility with the 360 version on the Xbox One, since I don't have a 360 anymore.

I can't imagine that EA is barred from making a game including the actual teams but with truly randomized rosters. So many people would buy it, and as you said the community would do all the work that EA isn't allowed to do. All the shady stuff involving the NCAA and this video game seems to be the only thing affected.

I can't imagine that EA is barred from making a game including the actual teams but with truly randomized rosters. So many people would buy it, and as you said the community would do all the work that EA isn't allowed to do. All the shady stuff involving the NCAA and this video game seems to be the only thing affected.

Right now, they don't have a license with the CLC, and without that, they don't have the license to use the anything from the schools.