Sip: For Langs, POB 'delight at first sight'

zoogs

That's a convenient narrative for the Franklin apologists, but I that OL was fairly senior and filled with 4 and high end 3 star recruits. So, either the recruiting rankings are bunk or that system made otherwise talented guys look quite average.

Did you ever watch a Penn State game? If he wasn't getting sacked, he was running for his life. It's been that way for almost his entire career. I don't know whether Hackenberg is any good or not, but it amazing how you continue to take your derpness to new levels with every post.

I'm not even going to look it up because I know it as fact. I guarantee you that they are near the bottom in sacks allowed.

Tied for 111th.

Just to give you an idea... they went max protect, and Temple rushed two defenders, and sacked Christian Hackenburg.

That's a convenient narrative for the Franklin apologists, but I that OL was fairly senior and filled with 4 and high end 3 star recruits. So, either the recruiting rankings are bunk or that system made otherwise talented guys look quite average.

Did you ever watch a Penn State game? If he wasn't getting sacked, he was running for his life. It's been that way for almost his entire career. I don't know whether Hackenberg is any good or not, but it amazing how you continue to take your derpness to new levels with every post.

I'm not even going to look it up because I know it as fact. I guarantee you that they are near the bottom in sacks allowed.

Your personal insults aside, try to read what I wrote.

If you have a line filled with "elite" OL recruits, and it's struggling, the question is begged: why.

I submit its because asking these guys to block in that scheme is inherently putting them at a disadvantage. Or they have the worst coaching in CFB.

If the scheme is flawed, it doesn't matter if you have an allegedly all world QB.

Your arguments just confirm what I've said: that type of system apparently requires ultra elite performers just to produce successful seasons, let alone championship ones.

Your personal insults aside, try to read what I wrote.

If you have a line filled with "elite" OL recruits, and it's struggling, the question is begged: why.

I submit its because asking these guys to block in that scheme is inherently putting them at a disadvantage. Or they have the worst coaching in CFB.

If the scheme is flawed, it doesn't matter if you have an allegedly all world QB.

Your arguments just confirm what I've said: that type of system apparently requires ultra elite performers just to produce successful seasons, let alone championship ones.

Another common theme...only one person gets it.

That was an interesting video from Landlord. The guy is clearly in Hackenberg's camp to a huge extent. I'm not too familiar myself. One of the arguments he made later on was that Bill O'Brien's system was substantially better for Hackenberg than James Franklin's. The former was more pro-style and under center; the latter is more of a collegiate/pistol attack that asks less of the QB. I can see that.

I think it does sort of illustrate how a QB can be doing things that are very advanced for his position and his level, but at this level of football it's simply not enough to prevent a team from struggling. Whether it's talent or scheme in the surrounding cast, superior QBing doesn't shine through on its own like it can in the NFL.

As for highly touted recruits underperforming, look anywhere. It's not like Michigan was pulling in subpar classes under Brady Hoke, or Florida under Will Muschamp, or Texas under Mack Brown or Charlie Strong. Quite the contrary.