ESPN B1G Blog: B1G shoes to fill: Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mike Riley's first season was defined by missed opportunities and bad breaks -- but, like every Big Ten team, Nebraska is moving forward this spring.

The Cornhuskers still have a lot going for them, but there are several key departures they'll have to fill to find success. Continuing with our "B1G shoes to fill" series, here's a look at a few of those important positions and the replacements:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/131623/b1g-shoes-to-fill-nebraska-cornhuskers

• Fire 1

My take:

Gates for Lewis - Improvement, though probably a regression in replacing Gates on the other side. Probably a wash unless Knevel really comes on.

DTs - Probably a bit of a regression in the short term, though VV was slowed by injuries. Long-term I think the Davis twins will be very near the equals of Collins so improvement down the road.

Anyone for Cockrell - Should be a noticeable improvement. I haven't been a fan of Cockrell for two years. I don't think he really *made* many plays and definitely had his share of screw ups. I would think any of those three will be an improvement.