Gebbia Hopes to Be Known for Work, not Hype

The Nebraska recruit played baseball and basketball growing up, but a youth coach spotted him one day and thought he could use his powerful arm to sling the football around. Gebbia (pronounced JIB-ee-ah) has sprouted to 6-foot-3 since, and he’s still oozing with promise. The major recruiting websites all rate him as a four-star player. He completed 62.9 percent of his passes, averaged 316.8 yards per game and tossed 45 touchdowns last fall as a junior for Calabasas (California) High School.

“I know I’ve proved myself a little at this level,” he said. “But there’s a whole ’nother level that I’ve got to get ready for.”
A quick glance at his first TD throw, recorded five years ago by a teammate’s dad, can serve as a reminder of that. How far he’s come. How far he still has to go.
“I guess I’ve never been one of those guys who looks too far in the future. I plan for today, or the immediate, the next day,” Gebbia said. “But obviously I have aspirations to play big-time college football and, if God blesses me enough, I could possibly play in the League. ... So right now, having that kind of stuff (the clip) is really cool.”

OWH