Huskers Focusing on Screen Plays This Spring

I like the idea of screens, too bad that's the weakest part of TAs game. Don't hold your breath for alot of screens next season.

bbaa2140-9566-11e5-949b-1518df00fb43_hes

that play is a perfect example of how picks aren't always a QBs fault. That was a completely blown block that led to the pick.

Ya kinda gotta float it over the onrushers, which he didn't. It was a terrible call given the fact that TA sucks @ screens, NE, in general, has sucked at screens for a long time since they don't run them much and don't have a QB that can throw a short pass, let alone a screen. Horrible idea to run this deep in our own territory. This play is mostly on the coaches.

Still, given all the blunders by TA in that game, we still had numerous chances to win it well into the 4th qtr. Very frustrating game. IA had a good defense, though, so give them some credit.

Ya kinda gotta float it over the onrushers, which he didn't. It was a terrible call given the fact that TA sucks @ screens, NE, in general, has sucked at screens for a long time since they don't run them much and don't have a QB that can throw a short pass, let alone a screen. Horrible idea to run this deep in our own territory. This play is mostly on the coaches.

m5T4JYK.gif

• Fire 1

m5T4JYK.gif

It's the only opinion I've got. I suspect, if you asked him, Langs would've wanted that call back, you know, sort of like the play later in the 4th, 4th and 1 @ the IA 30, and he let's TA have the option of throwing a fade route to the near outside corner of the endzone--which he did, to no avail. Awesome! There are some things you just don't let TA do.

I like the idea of screens, too bad that's the weakest part of TAs game. Don't hold your breath for alot of screens next season.

that play is a perfect example of how picks aren't always a QBs fault. That was a completely blown block that led to the pick.

Still, given all the blunders by TA in that game, we still had numerous chances to win it well into the 4th qtr. Very frustrating game. IA had a good defense, though, so give them some credit.

I can tell right now you have very little knowledge of football if you think this is on coaches or the QB. How is it a bad call on 2nd and 8? It's a drive starter play which we needed at the time to spark the offense. Lewis was supposed to cut the defensive end so he couldn't get up-field but he missed. Very rarely will a QB realize this in time especially when you have limited time on a screen play. Yes we've missed a few screen passes but we were in need of something to spark the offense since we only had 7 points with 6 minutes to go in the half. No you're not supposed to float this specific screen because it would allow the defensive end to get up and chase after being cut if Lewis would have done better. Unless you're a coach don't criticize play calling. You have no clue what they may have seen in the box. They are experts in the field. You wouldn't go try to tell a doctor he is diagnosing wrong.

I can tell right now you have very little knowledge of football if you think this is on coaches or the QB. How is it a bad call on 2nd and 8? It's a drive starter play which we needed at the time to spark the offense. Lewis was supposed to cut the defensive end so he couldn't get up-field but he missed. Very rarely will a QB realize this in time especially when you have limited time on a screen play. Yes we've missed a few screen passes but we were in need of something to spark the offense since we only had 7 points with 6 minutes to go in the half. No you're not supposed to float this specific screen because it would allow the defensive end to get up and chase after being cut if Lewis would have done better. Unless you're a coach don't criticize play calling. You have no clue what they may have seen in the box. They are experts in the field. You wouldn't go try to tell a doctor he is diagnosing wrong.

It's a bad play call for all the reasons I've sited and all the excuses you and others keep siting as to why it didn't work. Not to mention the end result: pick 6 for them. If ya hadn't noticed, the wind was howling in that game and TA was throwing potential picks about every time he air mailed a pass that day. But you go on defending the screen pick 6, go right ahead....

It's a bad play call for all the reasons I've sited and all the excuses you and others keep siting as to why it didn't work. Not to mention the end result: pick 6 for them. If ya hadn't noticed, the wind was howling in that game and TA was throwing potential picks about every time he air mailed a pass that day. But you go on defending the screen pick 6, go right ahead....

Go ahead and keep being a couch coach and continue to be part of the problem. And you're right, since the wind is "howling" then we should not pass the entire game and be predictable. God forbid that 5 yard pass will get affected by the wind. It's not called an excuse if it's a fact. You know a lot of midget football teams are looking for coaches. I see very under qualified people all the time coaching when I go out to practice to coach.

well, in this play he had a guy right up his ass, in his defense he had no chance to complete it, in fact it was a piss poor play to call deep in our end of the field.........

so I guess we should have waited until we got down to the 10 yard line so that way the int for a td could have been 95 yards.... I don't see the logic.

except for your constant desire to bitch.

nope not a bitch, an observation and an opinion, your comment is misguided.

• Fire 1

it is a bad call, asking TA to run any pass play under pressure was not working on this day.........just another piss poor call be Langs........doing the same sh#t over and over and expecting a different result....

Go ahead and keep being a couch coach and continue to be part of the problem

LOL, too funny.

Just amazing that people would defend that play call, wow.

it is a bad call, asking TA to run any pass play under pressure was not working on this day.........just another piss poor call be Langs........doing the same sh#t over and over and expecting a different result....

Correct, though I think Langs does a good job most of the time.

Correct.

well, in this play he had a guy right up his ass, in his defense he had no chance to complete it, in fact it was a piss poor play to call deep in our end of the field.........

I agree that you don't call a screen deep in you own territory, but the idea of a screen is to let the rushers through, so that can't be used as an excuse, the QB has to deal with that.

the line did a great job letting the rushers through........TA could have handed that snap off to a couple Iowa guys as quick as throwing the screen.........i hope we aren't focusing too much on the screen this year, seen enough to last me for awhile....Jano up the middle just one time in this game would have been an improvement.

I agree that you don't call a screen deep in you own territory, but the idea of a screen is to let the rushers through, so that can't be used as an excuse, the QB has to deal with that.

the line did a great job letting the rushers through........TA could have handed that snap off to a couple Iowa guys as quick as throwing the screen.........i hope we aren't focusing too much on the screen this year, seen enough to last me for awhile....Jano up the middle just one time in this game would have been an improvemen

Lol I'm confused by what you're saying. So are you saying we should have blocked the defensive line on a "screen" play?

• Fire 1

the line did a great job letting the rushers through........TA could have handed that snap off to a couple Iowa guys as quick as throwing the screen.........i hope we aren't focusing too much on the screen this year, seen enough to last me for awhile....Jano up the middle just one time in this game would have been an improvemen

Lol I'm confused by what you're saying. So are you saying we should have blocked the defensive line on a "screen" play?

dude are you real? that guy that got through was on TA almost before he could line the laces up on the ball......he was flat out blitzed, screen play or any pass play was not going to happen, he could barely get rid of the ball......check your glasses homeboy! wow........

No it wasn't. It did start getting little windy after the sun set, but even then, it was a 10 yard throw, not a 40 yard bomb.

Source: I was there, a few rows back from the field.