Need to suggestions on how to build an affordable 4k gaming PC

The wife said I can get a PC so now I gotta build up a little more cash for it.

I didn't realize there are more than one GeForce GTX 1080 graphic cards. Which company makes the best one?

Sounds like the Zortac GTX 1080 might be the fastest/best one

Stuff like this you can trust newegg reviews for. They're all essentially the same product.

The wife said I can get a PC so now I gotta build up a little more cash for it.

I didn't realize there are more than one GeForce GTX 1080 graphic cards. Which company makes the best one?

Sounds like the Zortac GTX 1080 might be the fastest/best one

IMO, EVGA (great customer service) and MSI (their Twin Frozr coolers rock) are the 2 best ones out there. By the time you're ready to buy, the current models will likely have all changed, so check reviews right around the time you're ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh ya it finally came in. Even though I'm playing my PS4 on it, the graphics still look pretty damn good. Can't wait to build my PC to see its full potential. My desk should be arriving soon but for now it's on the kitchen table haha.

123wdag.jpg

Hey Saunders why did you opt for the 1070 over the 1080?

I've thought about going with the 1070 because it's cheaper but watching some Battlefield 1 alpha videos on YouTube, those who recorded 1440p footage using the 1070, they averaged around 65fps where the 1080 was up in the high 90's low 100s

Hey Saunders why did you opt for the 1070 over the 1080?

I've thought about going with the 1070 because it's cheaper but watching some Battlefield 1 alpha videos on YouTube, those who recorded 1440p footage using the 1070, they averaged around 65fps where the 1080 was up in the high 90's low 100s

One was cost, and the 2nd was availability. I was giving my old card to a friend, and couldn't really keep waiting for a 1080 to surface at a reasonable price. I did buy an EVGA though, so i may use their step up program in a couple months and upgrade to a 1080.

After doing some more research and reading reviews, I don't think I'm going to get an internal hard drive. Reading several reviews on Newegg, a lot off HDD's don't last longer than 2 years and in some cases not even a year. I don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to last that long.

Just might get one SSD card for now and then wait a few more months and get another one at the same GB capacity or jump up to the 800GB or 1TB range.

After doing some more research and reading reviews, I don't think I'm going to get an internal hard drive. Reading several reviews on Newegg, a lot off HDD's don't last longer than 2 years and in some cases not even a year. I don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to last that long.

Just might get one SSD card for now and then wait a few more months and get another one at the same GB capacity or jump up to the 800GB or 1TB range.

wat?

That's like, not remotely true.

I'm using the same Crucial Sata SSD as my boot drive since... 2013? I also am using the same 1TB platter drive as my main game drive since 2011. I've also got 2 other drives from at least 3 years ago in there as well for storage. I build 2 other PC's in the exact same config for my cousin and uncle, and they're doing fine as well.

Get a 500GB drive for your os and main games you play all the time, then get a secondary drive (1-2TB) for extra games. If you wanna run backups, get an external USB (can get 4 TB for about $100), and you'll be fine.