Snyder thinks NU wants back into the Big12.

nic

yeah OU is tricky because of OSU. Big Ten prefers AAU schools. OU is not one, but either is ND. OU would benefit greatly from the CIC or Big Ten Academic Alliance. The research bucks dwarf football. I suspect they would jump at the academic advantage over the SEC.

Details of "how" aside, I think the current 14 teams in the B1G, SEC, and ACC are a less-than-preferred number. They are more likely to go to 16 than 12 IMO. The PAC could be happy with 12, or be compelled to keep up.

Either way the Big XII is screwed.

The PAC is in an awful situation. If they want to truly expand they basically have to kill the Big 12, or they settle for Wyoming, Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico.

Details of "how" aside, I think the current 14 teams in the B1G, SEC, and ACC are a less-than-preferred number. They are more likely to go to 16 than 12 IMO. The PAC could be happy with 12, or be compelled to keep up.

I agree. The new Big Ten media agreement expires a year or two before the big12 GOR. I suspect we will see some movement to 16 at that time. We need ditch these 7 team divisions. I am sick of not getting to play NU.

The PAC is in an awful situation. If they want to truly expand they basically have to kill the Big 12, or they settle for Wyoming, Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico.

They could do 14 by picking up Boise State and Nevada, the former giving them a (current) national brand and the latter giving them the Las Vegas market (nothing great, but it's not anything to pass up, either). It wouldn't be monumental, but it would be a good, solid expansion that adds both quality and viewership.

But to go to 16, they'd need to either reach to the Midwest for schools, or add schools in states they already have a presence in, and only the former is somewhat appealing to the Pac-12 (read: playing games in time slots that the rest of the country watches).

yeah OU is tricky because of OSU. Big Ten prefers AAU schools. OU is not one, but either is ND. OU would benefit greatly from the CIC or Big Ten Academic Alliance. The research bucks dwarf football. I suspect they would jump at the academic advantage over the SEC.

Since OU's President himself has said that improving OU's academic cache is a priority in the near future, this would pretty much rule out any move to the SEC, no matter how much their (myopic) fans want it. Plus, the improvement that's happened in Lincoln is being seen by other schools--DoNU may not be up there with the top schools, but it's made *significant* progress in just a few short years since joining the B1G.
  • Fire 1

If the B1G could add any combination of KU, MU, OU, maybe TX it would be a plus for NU. IMHO. Really with only two more seats at the table, I could see them going East again, though. NC and VA, maybe GA Tech

These are the correct list of teams. Maybe add ISU (AAU school) as a last resort.

If the B1G could add any combination of KU, MU, OU, maybe TX it would be a plus for NU. IMHO. Really with only two more seats at the table, I could see them going East again, though. NC and VA, maybe GA Tech

NC and VA are off the table thanks to the ACC GOR. Best they could do is pick two of KU, MU, OU, and 'Whorns. Obviously OU and Texass are the top picks, but if Mizzery isn't happy in the SEC, they're free to leave (no GOR). Unless OU and UT are holding out for a Pac-12 deal (which really isn't all that great, as we've discussed here and elsewhere on the boards), they're NOT going to do any better than a B1G invite.

Honestly, it seem like it's a question of *when* and not *if* OU and (school yet to be named) will join.

Honestly, it seem like it's a question of *when* and not *if* OU and (school yet to be named) will join.

Best possible outcome for Nebraska. If OU (and another) decide to bolt before the GOR expires, The 8 remaining schools will probably get poached by SEC and PAC12, leaving a "forgotten 4" or 2 schools. I am assuming they will at least get a nice parting gift due to the GOR. $$$$$$$$$

Best possible outcome for Nebraska. If OU (and another) decide to bolt before the GOR expires, The 8 remaining schools will probably get poached by SEC and PAC12, leaving a "forgotten 4" or 2 schools. I am assuming they will at least get a nice parting gift due to the GOR. $$$$$$$$$

Hmmmm...I'm struggling to see any schools that the SEC would want from the Big XII that aren't Oklahoma or Texass. The Big XII will likely be another Mountain West conference, but with a seat at the big boy table. Could actually work for the MWC to get a permanent seat at said table if the Big XII has one and they're at a similar level, competition-wise.

Hmmmm...I'm struggling to see any schools that the SEC would want from the Big XII that aren't Oklahoma or Texass. The Big XII will likely be another Mountain West conference, but with a seat at the big boy table. Could actually work for the MWC to get a permanent seat at said table if the Big XII has one and they're at a similar level, competition-wise.

If both OU and UT end up in the Big Ten, the most ideal thing would be for the remaining schools to partner with the Mountain West.

If both OU and UT end up in the Big Ten, the most ideal thing would be for the remaining schools to partner with the Mountain West.

This. They could call themselves the Mountain East. And their title game could be played in Denver since it's in the (okay, it's very close to) mountains.

This. They could call themselves the Mountain East. And their title game could be played in Denver since it's in the (okay, it's very close to) mountains.

I still want KU in the Big Ten but for now I'll just pretned they get left behind. So you have 8 remaining Big 12 teams + 12 MtnWest teams. The Big 12 name is still the property of the remaining 8 teams.

I suggest The Big 12 name stays, with two 12 team divisions: Big 12 West and Big 12 East. There could be pods etc, but the premise would be two conference size divisions. Would need 4 more teams to add so likely candidates would be BYU, Houston, Cincy and Memphis.

West: Hawaii, SDSU, SJSU, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno St, Boise St, BYU, Utah State, Air Force, Colorado St, Wyoming.

East: Kansas, K-State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Houston, TCU, Baylor, New Mexico, West Virginia, Cincy, and Memphis.

It's a lot. But it would certainly beat the hell out of a watered down Big 12 and a depleted Mountain West.