Rank the 2006 Schdule

Ok heres the schdule even though I'm sure most of you have it memorized by now. Rank our oppoents starting with 1. being our toughest and give a little reason why they are where they are.

1. Texas A.M.- College Station is one of the hardest places to play and they have a really good young QB that could take us down later on in the season and they about took Texas down late last year in College Station

2. USC- They are loaded with all sorts of talent but their inexperience keeps them from making it our hardest and it only being one of their first games is against us

3. Texas- Another team that will have talent but luckily we have this one at home which should really help us

4. Iowa St.- After just a close win over them last year in Lincoln when they were pretty beat up going there won't be a easy win

5. Oklahoma St- Another road game and they proved last year against Texas they are tough at home

6. Kansas St- Going on the road and facing a offense we haven't seen before could be tough and they played us tough last year but I think with Freeman at QB we have a little extra incentive to winning this one

7. Colorado- Rivalry game even though they have lost a lot they do have a coach who knows what hes doing but it is in Lincoln

8. Troy- Going to come in with nothing to lose really and could scare us for about a half :lol:

9. Missouri- We can always seem to shut them down when them to to Lincoln and we stopped their young QB they had last year pretty good, thank god Smith is gone

10. Kansas- Last years win against us had a lot to do with the atmosphere in that stadium and they were on a role at that time, but coming here I think we will want to get that streak against them going again.

11. Louisiana Tech- First game of the year should be pretty easy, just work the new guys in the offense

12. Nicholls State- Just a game to try getting all the bugs out before USC

I'd say that's about right, but I'd reverse K-State and Colorado. I just don't see K-State being competitive for some time, while Colorado always seems to focus on the Huskers. Given the spanking we gave them last time we meet, I would expect them to be out for revenge.

Yes, K-State is on the road and Colorado is at home, but I just think K-State has slipped back to it's normal position of being a doormat while Colorado hasn't hit that depth quite yet.

Otherwise, I think you've pegged it. A&M is going to be a tough game. I keep expecting them to have a break-out year.

why does everybody forget that Texas blew out A&M in the second half of that game last year... lol

anyways id put USC at 1 because that is really going to gauge where we are. UT at #2, and the rest kind of shuffle themselves in there.

we've all been talkin about USC and Texas so i will skip those.

number 3 i have Iowa St. holy cow. that doesnt sound right. but they are returing a lot of offense but no defense. we havent won at ames since 2000 i think.

#4 Texas A&M. I dont think the Aggies are too much to worry about though, they went 7-5 in 04, with a blowout loss in their bowl game to a Tennessee team that went 5-6 in 05. A&M then went 5-6 in 05, and they lost Reggie McNeal. they were everybody's sleeper team last year that didnt wake up.

Number 5 i have Okie state, but did everybody forget Texas blowing out Okie State in the second half last year too? you could say the Cowboys were psyched and Texas was asleep in the first half. The cowboys are still the home team and you gotta respect that. plus they pulled in a good recruiting class in 06 with an average of 3.0 stars roughly.

Then we got the rest of them shuffled in there somewhere.

I'd say that's about right, but I'd reverse K-State and Colorado. I just don't see K-State being competitive for some time, while Colorado always seems to focus on the Huskers. Given the spanking we gave them last time we meet, I would expect them to be out for revenge.

Yes, K-State is on the road and Colorado is at home, but I just think K-State has slipped back to it's normal position of being a doormat while Colorado hasn't hit that depth quite yet.

Otherwise, I think you've pegged it. A&M is going to be a tough game. I keep expecting them to have a break-out year.

yeah but I gave the edge to K-State since it's away and we sometimes looked like a completly different team one the road this year (Mizzoui and Kansas)

For some reason I think that Iowa State game is going to be a dog fight because we always play them different it seems. The edge I see us having is that their defense is going to be :restore2 new so they will have a hard time picking us up. They played us tough at home last year so it will be interesting to see how we play them at home.

if the defense lives up to this years expectations and the O-line plays well, i think we will go 9-3. it is hard to tell which 3 teams will win, but i agree with you kevin, aTm is a tough team to beat at home so it will be a toss up.

Here is my picks

9-3 (losses to aTm, USC and Texas by a combined 10 points), play OU in the Big 12 Campionship game ("W" by 10) and play in a BCS game.

now all of that could change if NU comes out and has a greatly improved running attack like the spring games showed it just might then NU could pull a couple of upsets against the last 2 NC.

Why do people think Iowa State will be a pretty tough game for us this year. Iowa State is big time in the dumps this year. They have lost a # of starters and will not be anywhere near as good as they should have been at the end of last years season. Trust me...they need to be on the lower end of ranking the teams from hardest to easiest.

Later,

Brandon

Why do people think Iowa State will be a pretty tough game for us this year. Iowa State is big time in the dumps this year. They have lost a # of starters and will not be anywhere near as good as they should have been at the end of last years season. Trust me...they need to be on the lower end of ranking the teams from hardest to easiest.

Later,

Brandon

As much as I'd like to agree with you, they've still got a real solid offense. Stevie Hicks was injured last year when we played IIRC, which helped us make them one dimensional and they still took us to OT at home. Granted the offense was still trying to find themselves, but the D needs to show up every away game this year as opposed to falling asleep vs. Kansas and Missouri. If it turns into a shootout I don't like our chances nearly as well.