Favre makes up his mind

DJR313

Not again...not another 20 int season for the old guy! He was really great and had a good run, but I think it is his time to retire...what has it been the last 3 years we get a big talk about him retiring and we hear the "one more year" story to end that discussion every off season...it is getting old. I like the guy and have nothing against him, but what good does it do for him to go through another season making horibble throws off of dumb decisions...let Rodgers have his shot.

i believe he is bien selfish.. he made remarks last season after his wr was holding out... he did the same thing, he needs to appologize to his teammates regardless of whether he didnt miss any practices or not

I wonder if the situation with Javon Walker (doesn't want to be in GB as far as I know) had something to do with Farva (Fun to call him that lol, Supertroopers!) at all???

Not again...not another 20 int season for the old guy! He was really great and had a good run, but I think it is his time to retire...what has it been the last 3 years we get a big talk about him retiring and we hear the "one more year" story to end that discussion every off season...it is getting old. I like the guy and have nothing against him, but what good does it do for him to go through another season making horibble throws off of dumb decisions...let Rodgers have his shot.

Well, given the state of the Packers, he certainly can't hurt them. And so long as he can still play - and he's obviously better than his backups - why not? He's one of the few that still play the game for the sheer fun of it - that's something worth keeping.

How many of us wish we could have continued playing after our careers ended - whether it was due to injury or not having the talent to move on to the next level, or whatever? Let him enjoy it while he can. At worst it could be argued that it retards the development of his backup - but, again, given the state of the Packers, it'll be years before they are a contender again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greenbayhusker
i believe he is bien selfish.. he made remarks last season after his wr was holding out... he did the same thing, he needs to appologize to his teammates regardless of whether he didnt miss any practices or not

Brett wasn't holding out! He has all the money he needs and had no desire to play anywhere other than Green Bay. I'm happy he's coming back. He's still a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers, although I believe Aaron's a reliable backup and will be a good starting quarterback when Brett does retire. Brett should play as long as he wants!

:restore

i believe he is bien selfish.. he made remarks last season after his wr was holding out... he did the same thing, he needs to appologize to his teammates regardless  of whether he didnt miss any practices or not

Brett wasn't holding out! He has all the money he needs and had no desire to play anywhere other than Green Bay. I'm happy he's coming back. He's still a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers, although I believe Aaron's a reliable backup and will be a good starting quarterback when Brett does retire. Brett should play as long as he wants!

:restore

I agree. If he wants to play, I say let him. It's certainly not going to be as bad as the trainwreck Rodger's first season as starter is going to be.