We have a longs ways to go!

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

The new chancellor may fire Eichorst. If the sellout streak ends there will be consequences.
Why would he fire Eichorst? How has Eichorst failed in his job?
Well, he's fired two more successful coaches and endorsed two under-performing ones. So.....
For some of us, it's always been about more than just the W/L columns.

And you're smart enough to know that at least one of those coaches wasn't fired simply for his W/L record so why keep acting like he was?

OMG.

Steve Pederson agrees with you.

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

The new chancellor may fire Eichorst. If the sellout streak ends there will be consequences.

Well, he's fired two more successful coaches and endorsed two under-performing ones. So.....

And you're smart enough to know that at least one of those coaches wasn't fired simply for his W/L record so why keep acting like he was?

OMG.

Funny thing about Steve Pedersen, he wasn't fired because he hired Callahan. He was fired because he was an a-hole to work for and had the entire AD in disarray. (paraphrashing again.)

Another tidbit about Steve, Osborne recommended him for the job. How 'bout them apples? :)

OMG.

Funny thing about Steve Pedersen, he wasn't fired because he hired Callahan. He was fired because he was an a-hole to work for and had the entire AD in disarray. (paraphrashing again.)

To the bolded, you may want to revisit that time period.

Another tidbit about Steve, Osborne recommended him for the job. How 'bout them apples? :)

Was Osborne the chancellor? Or was the chancellor brainless and did whatever the Representative told him to do?

OMG.

Okay, did that. Your point remains an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

Was Osborne the chancellor? Or was the chancellor brainless and did whatever the Representative told him to do?

The chancellor was never a fav of mine, but I'll put his brains up against yours, mine and Zoogs (combined) any day of the week.

OMG.

Okay, did that. Your point remains an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

The chancellor was never a fav of mine, but I'll put his brains up against yours, mine and Zoogs (combined) any day of the week.

You missed my point. I'm not saying that he wasn't or isn't intelligent, but the poster I responded to seemed to lay blame for the Pederson hire on Osborne.

Osborne didn't make that decision, Perlman did it on his own.