Defense, what others think

2) Nebraska - Bradley, McKeon, and Octavian. Bradley is a stud. McKeon is a very fast and instinctive LB. Octavian...we'll see. He has to be healthy and on the field before the hype can be realized.

Can't knock him for that statement

Once Octavian starts putting up the stats and piling up the bodies NU will easily vault to numero uno at LB. It won't take long.

not trying to be a pain in the ass here boys, BUT remember, out defensive interior line is gonna be pretty green....they will need to mature quickly so the LB's don't have to be over comitted to the middle.......first 2 games will definitely be tune ups

hunter

guess we'll find out how big of a factor Le Kevin and Titus were. good point, i almost forgot about that :thumbs

their ability is not the issue in my mind, they just don't have the experience yet.....

as Coz i think said, we don't know how they will react when they have to dig down deep and suck it up in a tough game in the 4th quarter.....that is something that has to be leartned and experienced.....hopefully they will mature quickly........

hunter

their ability is not the issue in my mind, they just don't have the experience yet.....

as Coz i think said, we don't know how they will react when they have to dig down deep and suck it up in a tough game in the 4th quarter.....that is something that has to be leartned and experienced.....hopefully they will mature quickly........

hunter

good point

Look at the talent we have and it's easy to assume that our LB's will be much better than last year. We lost arguably our best LB in the 1st game, lost probably our 3rd best backer in the Ttech game, and were playing w/only our starting MLB in the bowl game. Our backups got valuable experience when the starters went down which will only help if it happens again. We have more talent at the DE spots than any other Big XII team, and experienced starting DT's with probably the most talented DT on the team (Suh) just waiting to explode. Opposing coaches are going to have to gameplan how to stop our front 4 and that will cause enough headaches by itself. Also factor in our CB's who are each capable of man-to-man coverage. If our safeties step up and our secondary can be relied on, our LB's will have a hey-day blitzing and wreacking havoc and will be an absolute delight to watch all season long.

They will do just fine. I believe we will be a top 10 Defense. Let's all try to keep the faith here. Quit pouring on all the "Let's be realistic" crap! GO BIG FN RED!!

Dude, I've been saying this all year, we are going to a BCS game next year after our defense shuts down USC and Texas. We are going to kick the crap out of both of 'em. And we're going to be undefeated against the Big XII North. Josh Freeman watch out, better hope you're sitting out.