Why not use last timeout?

dave

I was sitting in the stands watching that game in horror, along with everyone else.  As it came to a close, I was watching the time on the clock, and looking at that bar on the scoreboard indicating we had one timeout remaining.  I don't understand why we didn't use it.  Wouldn't it have forced them to run just one play of some kind or even kick a FG?  The odds of us doing something with just a few seconds left was slim - but wasn't that the case against Northwestern a few years ago, too?

Am I wrong?  Did we not have a timeout left, or was I just not considering the clock mechanics properly?  

• Plus1 1

I could be wrong because I had lost interest by that point but I believe there was too little time and too many downs left for the amount of timeouts we had left to matter. But I'm also thinking we used all the timeouts we had. Like I said, I could be wrong and I'm sure not going to go back and watch it again, I just wanted it to end.