rutgers/illinois are the perfect teams to get things back on track. no?

huskerfan69

8 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

oregon game was a disaster defensively, and northern ill game was a disaster on offense. 

we just need to get both sides of the ball to play great at the same time. 

there's no reason we can't roll over rutgers/illinois then throw our best shot at wisconsin in front of a ruckus crowd.

am i right?

I assumed Northern Illinois was a chance to get things back on track, so no. 

2 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

this team is not demonstrating even fundamental football skills.....MR say he thought they could, run, do play action and throw the long ball successfully. either he is a dreamer or couldn't see the lack of skills in practice...........his statement tells me he is really lost here.

I'm not sure I'd call him a dreamer.  When all you have to go on in practice is what you see against your own squad, you don't really know for sure what you have until you play real games.  I highly doubt Urban Meyer thought his pass defense was as bad as it was until he got into the real games.  Ohio State's offense can't seem to get a pass over 10 yards.  This is what his defense got to practice against.  The same can be said about Texas.  They pretty much looked like a monkey humping a football against Maryland.  However, they looked like a completely different team against USC.  Great coaches learn early in the season where they are and fix things.  Let's see what we can get fixed through the remainder of the season.