More Academic Achievement

just more proof why Nebraska is better than everyone else. here's the article:

This comes from the NU athletic department:

Nebraska was one of 29 schools from across the nation to have its football program honored with the 2006 Academic Achievement Award by the American Football Coaches Association as announced by the organization this week.

The Huskers were one of just 29 Division I-A schools nationally to be honored for graduating 70 percent or more of its football student-athletes. Just six schools of the 29 schools that were honored achieved a rate of 90 percent or better.

Southern Methodist led the nation with 100 percent graduation rates for their freshman classes of 1999-2000, while Boston College, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame and Southern Miss all managed graduation rates of 90 percent or better. Along with Nebraska, Big 12 Conference schools Baylor, Iowa State and Texas Tech were honored for having graduation rates of 70 percent or higher.

I do think Callahan has backed up his words when it comes to the kids sticking to business in the classroom. That was a big part of his inaugural address, as I recall.

Nebraska was one of 29 schools from across the nation to have its football program honored with the 2006 Academic Achievement Award by the American Football Coaches Association as announced by the organization this week.

The Huskers were one of just 29 Division I-A schools nationally to be honored for graduating 70 percent or more of its football student-athletes. Just six schools of the 29 schools that were honored achieved a rate of 90 percent or better.

Southern Methodist led the nation with 100 percent graduation rates for their freshman classes of 1999-2000, while Boston College, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame and Southern Miss all managed graduation rates of 90 percent or better. Along with Nebraska, Big 12 Conference schools Baylor, Iowa State and Texas Tech were honored for having graduation rates of 70 percent or higher.

I do think Callahan has backed up his words when it comes to the kids sticking to business in the classroom. That was a big part of his inaugural address, as I recall.

The thing is this is year in and year out.

These types of numbers gets NU NU recruit a year merely on this point alone. It also helps persuade probably half the recruits that sign as a strong positive, but not necessarily the number one reason :restore2