Waking up the beast.

5 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I knew a lady in college that had a poster on her dorm wall "If you love something, let it go free.  If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."  Scared me.

I agree with you, knowing his past, etc, if he does come back, it is for real.

Lol.  This is like 95% of our fan base. 

18 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

football itself is becoming a dinosaur

Most people don't seem to understand, or even be aware of, this.  HS player percentages are down, way down across most of the US.  Even the Nebraska high school numbers are off by 20% from the peak in the 90's.  Yet nationally, more kids are playing than ever, how is that?  Those gains were realized in one place; The South.   Long term this will forever change the landscape of CFB.  Juggernaut programs like tOSU, Michigan, Norte Dame and Penn State will still roll on due to their access to local talent and higher profiles making it easier to pull in national talent, even then they will be in a dogfight for the Southern talent pool.

Whoever comes here will have a massive uphill battle.  They will need to stabilize the program short term, get NU back into the national discussion and keep it there, while establishing recruiting channels that can take years to pay off and in-between all of that win enough games to keep the fans happy, all while dealing with a long term demographic change that will produces less local & regional talent.  Not saying it can't be done, it will take a very special and hard working person to make it happen.

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry
10 hours ago, neepster said:

If you love something, let it go free.  If it doesn't come back, it wasn't yours to begin with. 

Let's face it, Scott Frost doesn't seem to be an unquestioning 'Nebraska first, last and always' kind of guy.  But I frankly appreciate him more because of that.  It means if he DOES come back that he is doing it for the right reasons.

Is the right reason the highest bidder?