Greg Bell making an impact

Article about Juco Greg Bell impressing early.  Other backs mentioned.  I really like this quote.  Sums up the mentality Frost and Co are going to demand.....

“Even if there’s no hole, you can’t just stop and run back to the huddle. You have to get through, fight through, work so it becomes a habit, becomes a mindset. So then those 4-yard runs that were happening last year become 25-yard runs because you’re used to, ‘You know what, I’m not going to be done even if it’s clogged up.’

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/juco-transfer-bell-making-it-look-natural-as-he-vies/article_fd09ddd8-f311-5cdd-bd27-8b4328fac982.amp.html

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 1

"I’m very excited about him, as I am the other running backs. They’ve all shown glimpses of being able to really do some stuff in this offense.”

Held wants to have multiple backs ready to play critical roles.

“We’re never going to be a program where one guy gets 60 plays and the rest get 10,” he said. “We’ll mix and match and find different roles. It comes down to production, obviously. When it’s all said and done, we’ll go with the hot hand and guys who are producing.”

Asked which backs have stepped up so far this spring, Held said, “I think the seniors, Devine and Wilbon, have done really well. They’ve trimmed their bodies up. It’s a different style of offense. But they’re able to do some different things. They run really good routes and they’ve got good hands."

Sounds like no more unexplainable randomness personnel wise at the running back position.  I'm also excited about Gregg Bell and about the different packages Frost and co will have for these guys.  So glad the old staff is long gone...

• Plus1 1