TE Alex Russian

committed to LSU.

The Baton Rouge Advocate reports that LSU picked up a verbal commitment from Round Rock, Texas tight end Alex Russian.

"I was kind of worried," Russian told the paper. "But LSU called and said they were still highly interested in me."

"I just really liked the staff, they were very energetic and positive. My dad really got along well with coach [Les] Miles. My dad's a Michigan State graduate and coach Miles went to Michigan and they got along great."

Someone needs to tell Miles that he's supposed to be recruiting the Southeast - not Texas!!!

Someone needs to tell Miles that he's supposed to be recruiting the Southeast - not Texas!!!

From my understanding of the geography of Texas, Round Rock is in East Texas and not too far from Louisiana. I know Big Dave said he is from the area, correct me if I am wrong.

From my understanding of the geography of Texas, Round Rock is in East Texas and not too far from Louisiana. I know Big Dave said he is from the area, correct me if I am wrong.

Um actually Round Rock is a suburb north of Austin. So that would be central Texas basically UTs back yard also home of Dell Computer! (my plug for them)

I went to HS there but now live in E Texas for a couple more weeks then Omaha again :clap

Um actually Round Rock is a suburb north of Austin. So that would be central Texas basically UTs back yard also home of Dell Computer! (my plug for them)

I went to HS there but now live in E Texas for a couple more weeks then Omaha again :clap

Thanks man. I just looked that up and saw it was pretty close to UT. Kind of weird that LSU got him over UT. You are a few weeks late getting back to Omaha man! The CWS rules.

• 4 weeks later...