Irregular News for 06.27.06 :: Only in Florida

Tampa, FL -- Tampa authorities used a Taser stun gun on a man who they say walked naked through a golf course, resisted officers and spit on a paramedic over the weekend.

According to a police report, 18-year-old Jacob Newton was walking naked on the Babe Zaharias Golf Course on Saturday night.

When an officer confronted Newton and handcuffed him Newton allegedly tried to pull a bullet magazine from the officer's gun and became violent. The officer then stunned the 18-year-old with a Taser.

Police reported he was stunned two more times while fighting back. He later allegedly spit on a paramedic responding to the scene.

Newton is being charged with felony battery on a firefighter and felony depriving an officer of means of protection in addition to several misdemeanors.

He is free on $5,000 bail.

source

I hate dealing with people that are naked and spit!!! Those people I just immediately taze!!! Just walk up and shoot 'em!!! :wacko:

so why dont i hear any articles on "bean bagging" is that not a "cool" non-lethal weapon? It is always taze this and taze that. Thats bullsh#t how about some freakin' variety every now and then. I think the article would have got more reads had the man been shot in the pelvis region with a bean bag...what say you citzens-on-patrol?