10 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Not me. I said repeatedly that we would need to be okay with 7-5, even 6-6. Get to a bowl game, extra practices, recruit and keep building. Not great, but progress from two 4-8 seasons. That's the most we should expect from a program that was gutted when Pelini was axed. Not saying he was the end-all, be-all, but we lost recruits and prestige from that whole episode. Then Riley let things slide into the abyss until Nebraska football wasn't even a shadow of it's former self. Embarrassing. 

I want to believe Scott is doing everything possible to get the right kids and coach in whatever way it takes to bring us back. It's concerning to me, though, when I hear that we have GA's possibly teaching Wandale how to run option out of the I and take pitches - in warm-ups before OSU - for the first time? Why in the heck is this not taught in the several practices leading up to the game? I hope I'm wrong, and they were just brushing up on skills that had been previously introduced.

I also want to believe Scott knows that you can't keep a kid in at center if he can't reliably snap the ball. It's getting ridiculous. Also, please tell me he knows that we can't leave a guard moved to tackle on an island to block one of the best DE's in the country. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

All that said, somehow we were able to get 700 yards against a P5 defense, which is very impressive, no matter who we're playing. There is definitely hope, but little room for error or bad decision-making. We need to be literally on the ball from here on out.

The bolded is correct. They've said they had worked on that formation for the last few weeks and they were just refreshing everything before the game.

Jurgens needs reps in practice and in game to improve his snapping. If he was a senior that couldn't snap and his upside was low it makes sense to replace him. However, he's a redshirt frosh playing his first year at OL and the coaches see a high upside so they are taking the good and bad and letting him learn.

If you go watch, they tried to help Farniok with Young at times which just meant a different OSU player blew up the play. There is maybe 1 or 2 tackles in the country would could block Young and they are probably 1st round picks too. A kid with that talent is a nightmare no matter what.

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

If you go watch, they tried to help Farniok with Young at times which just meant a different OSU player blew up the play. There is maybe 1 or 2 tackles in the country would could block Young and they are probably 1st round picks too. A kid with that talent is a nightmare no matter what.

Very true. The whole game was an example of just one or two things going wrong every play. When they helped i

on Young other guys stepped up like you said. I've been a big Martinez defender, but the next things we tried were screens and he just couldn't drop them in. Then other relatively quick passes Young was still just too fast and blew them up anyway.

I think Mills had a shot to score on one of the traps and Young just shot across and dragged him down 12 yards downfield, that was freakish. And I'm not sure the third interception wasn't an example of the receiver running the wrong route to be missed that badly. Even if so that's still on Martinez for lobbing it into coverage where a receiver should be, and maybe it just was a terrible throw. His touch passes need work, but I think he'll get there.