Practice vs Reality

As I read through these threads, I thought of something that had been touched on in passing in a post.

During practice, I have heard we go up tempo and make little corrections during the course of practice.  Going for more quantity over quality.  With this in mind are we getting muscle memory to make mistakes?  Is that the reason for the consistent miscues we continue to see?

To use two axioms-Iron Sharpens Iron and We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training....

Is it possible that the staff and team get a false sense of security because most of our stuff works in practice.  I am AASuming we go limited 1 v 1 and more 1 v 2. If the 2's have taken over yet for some of the craptastic play we have seen we must be sorely lacking in getting a true look at our abilities.  No wonder we get in games and the staff is baffled, talk about guys missing reads etc....It might be because they don't go up again "like" competition.  It is truly not so good v not so good........

This still goes back to the staff to make practice adjustments, but could explain why we keep hearing the "best week/day/month etc of practice....

Just trying to find out WTH is going on.

I guess it could also be Occam's razor.  We are just bad in all areas.......

5 hours ago, lo country said:

As I read through these threads, I thought of something that had been touched on in passing in a post.

During practice, I have heard we go up tempo and make little corrections during the course of practice.  Going for more quantity over quality.  With this in mind are we getting muscle memory to make mistakes?  Is that the reason for the consistent miscues we continue to see?

To use two axioms-Iron Sharpens Iron and We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training....

Is it possible that the staff and team get a false sense of security because most of our stuff works in practice.  I am AASuming we go limited 1 v 1 and more 1 v 2. If the 2's have taken over yet for some of the craptastic play we have seen we must be sorely lacking in getting a true look at our abilities.  No wonder we get in games and the staff is baffled, talk about guys missing reads etc....It might be because they don't go up again "like" competition.  It is truly not so good v not so good........

This still goes back to the staff to make practice adjustments, but could explain why we keep hearing the "best week/day/month etc of practice....

Just trying to find out WTH is going on.

I guess it could also be Occam's razor.  We are just bad in all areas.......

I think that has been true, but during the bye week they said the team did a lot more 1s v 1s than they had had been which seemed to benefit the offense but not the defense.