The 2024 Presidential Election

Politicians, always looking for an edge. And reporters always looking for a story.  Thus this article is a perfect match.

Pence already looking towards 2024. 

We can pick this back up in 2 years.

A couple of quotes below

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-pence-2024-presidential-campaign-090000463.html

President Donald Trump’s bid for a second term in office is giving Vice President Mike Pence an early edge in the race that’s already shaping up for the Republican nomination in 2024.

Pence has lately been a mainstay at Trump’s signature campaign rallies, seldom missing the opportunity to introduce the president while test-driving a few crowd-pleasing lines of his own. The vice president has his own political action committee and has been steadily expanding his travel as a surrogate for Trump, with a particular focus on Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

He’s scheduled to embark on a bus tour through Michigan on Tuesday without the president, who’s in India. It will include a speech to supporters in a hotel ballroom -- a sort of mini-rally.

People in and around the White House believe it’s a foregone conclusion that Pence will seek to succeed Trump. But he hasn’t firmly decided, and his nomination, let alone his election, are much less certain.

“He’s entirely focused on re-electing Donald Trump in 2020,” said Pence’s chief of staff, Marc Short.

While 14 U.S. vice presidents have ascended to the White House, eight of them got there thanks to the death of the leader they served. Pence’s chances in 2024 would be undercut by a Trump loss this year; for better or worse, his loyalty to Trump binds him to the president.

A staunchly pro-life Christian and conservative, Pence has bedrock support among evangelicals and other pillars of the Trump base. But a wide-open Republican field is expected to take shape in 2024, regardless of who wins this year, probably featuring former Trump administration officials and a crop of recently elected and ambitious Republican lawmakers.

Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and Secretary of State Michael Pompeo are seen as almost-certain candidates; other possibilities mentioned by Republican strategists include Senators Rick Scott of Florida, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, and Josh Hawley of Missouri, as well as the governors of Texas and Florida, Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis, and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

“The constituency that he has sewed up may not be big enough for him to win the party’s nomination on his own,” Neal said of Pence.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Makes sense (assuming Trump wins) but he is a bit stiff and doesn't seem to relate that well to most people.  

I suspect if Trump gets re-elected, the voters will get pretty tired of anything related to trump- including Pence who was just a yes  person.  I'm counting on trump loosing and that the GOP takes a beating just so they can wake up and become a viable party again. 

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I suspect if Trump gets re-elected, the voters will get pretty tired of anything related to trump- including Pence who was just a yes  person.  I'm counting on trump loosing and that the GOP takes a beating just so they can wake up and become a viable party again. 

I agree with this.  I think if Trump gets beat, the R's will be out of the running for a good 3-4 terms.