Are Tickets really that expensive?

10 hours ago, skersfan said:

I would wait till the last minute.  We have a lot of older fans that attend games, and with the virus, they maybe more willing to set at home this fall, if we have games.  

You can always find tickets outside, and normally at face value or below I have been told.  Been a long time since I did that, so can't really say it is reality anymore.

Again, they may be harder to get if they put social distancing into the mix.  Who knows!

If you make the game, hope you enjoy it, you will get razzed a little, but all is in good fun.  The fans will welcome you with open arms, all of us are sure of that.

Ok yeah I'll wait

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why don't you try just buying tickets through your ADs office?  They would be face value and you would be probably sitting right where your team enters the stadium.

I might, but last season Cincy had a game at Ohio State and they gave our student section away tickets and they said it would be great tickets and then our student section was way in the nosebleeds yet our alumni and boosters were way down by the field so I was annoyed with our AD and most of the students were

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Did anyone mention the student section isn't behind the Cincy bench?

It's fine if it isn't behind the Cincy bench I guess, if I'm in the student section I can make some friends

10 hours ago, RallyPossums said:

I might, but last season Cincy had a game at Ohio State and they gave our student section away tickets and they said it would be great tickets and then our student section was way in the nosebleeds yet our alumni and boosters were way down by the field so I was annoyed with our AD and most of the students were

It's fine if it isn't behind the Cincy bench I guess, if I'm in the student section I can make some friends

Student section is a good seat as long as you get East stadium. You do not want the South stadium tickets, you'll be way out there in the corner endzone.

Visitors tickets have a couple blocks; one is in the corner of West stadium where your team will enter. Those will be the best seats, and if your band travels that's where they will sit. There is another right next to that block in South stadium (opposite of the students). If you get a close seat they are ok otherwise you're in BFE like the student section. The last block I remember is in the Northeast corner and sucks, you don't want those at all.

Like everybody said it's best to wait. If all else fails you can usually buy tickets off the street before the game for ok prices.

I don't know how student tickets work anymore, as far as having to validate them, but there is a good chance that students will be dumping tickets for this game.  I don't think most of the students will care about Cincy and I would guess some apathy has set in.  

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

Student section is a good seat as long as you get East stadium. You do not want the South stadium tickets, you'll be way out there in the corner endzone.

Visitors tickets have a couple blocks; one is in the corner of West stadium where your team will enter. Those will be the best seats, and if your band travels that's where they will sit. There is another right next to that block in South stadium (opposite of the students). If you get a close seat they are ok otherwise you're in BFE like the student section. The last block I remember is in the Northeast corner and sucks, you don't want those at all.

Like everybody said it's best to wait. If all else fails you can usually buy tickets off the street before the game for ok prices.

Ok good to know, thanks for the help!