I've been seeing ads for this lately and it has peaked my interest, although I've also been skeptical because I think I saw it was either in part produced by PureFlix or was on their platform, which is too religiously family friendly and milque toast for me to consider interesting.

But it does look good. Does the depiction of Jesus and the world butt up against Rome, much? Or is he just a really really really nice loving awesome guy? My main criticisms of portrayals or perspectives of Jesus are usually that they don't ever really go anywhere in showing his aggressive, though non-violent, political subversiveness against empire.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

My main criticisms of portrayals or perspectives of Jesus are usually that they don't ever really go anywhere in showing his aggressive, though non-violent, political subversiveness against empire.

Sounds like you've read NT Wright or similar.  or Brian Zahnd's Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God - the chapters about Revelation.   Good stuff.

21 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Guys,

I've watched The Chosen - Season One three [3] times now.  It's eight [8] episodes.  It's very well done.

The Director, Dallas Jenkins did a pilot movie for his church called The Shepherd.  Here it is ... 

The Season One Trailer is here ...

You can find all the episodes on YouTube.  Simply scroll to where the show begins.  It's very easy to binge watch these.

Enjoy and feel free to interact with me on them.

Very good video's and well done.  Thanks for sharing