Fixing Nebraska

Long time no talk everyone,

I have been doing a lot of thinking and have come up with a few simple ideas that could in my opinion benefit Frost and NU. 

1. Hiring a Coordinator with prior HC experience at the P5 level. From what I have gathered from a few that attended practices last season Frost is stretched thin. Not only does he have an inexperienced staff but inexperienced players. He often times puts too much on his plate. The hiring of someone who has been there and done that would alleviate a lot of this extra pressure Frost has been seen putting on himself.

2. Make a few tough needed decisions. Let's face it, Frost has a staff with little to no P5 coaching experience. How can he expect to compete with coaching staffs littered with P5 experience? He needs to bring in a few known P5 assistant coaches. Look at our position coaches and ask yourself which ones are top 25 in the nation at what they do? How do we expect to be a top 25 program without a top 25 staff? 

Frost is still regarded as one of the best college offensive minds in the game. He simply needs to grow as a coach and realize he can't do it all himself as badly as he wants to. He has a primarily non P5 staff and is competing against P5 staffs each week. Will he make the tough decisions? Time will tell. 

#GBR 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Long time no talk everyone,

I have been doing a lot of thinking and have come up with a few simple ideas that could in my opinion benefit Frost and NU. 

1. Hiring a Coordinator with prior HC experience at the P5 level. From what I have gathered from a few that attended practices last season Frost is stretched thin. Not only does he have an inexperienced staff but inexperienced players. He often times puts too much on his plate. The hiring of someone who has been there and done that would alleviate a lot of this extra pressure Frost has been seen putting on himself.

2. Make a few tough needed decisions. Let's face it, Frost has a staff with little to no P5 coaching experience. How can he expect to compete with coaching staffs littered with P5 experience? He needs to bring in a few known P5 assistant coaches. Look at our position coaches and ask yourself which ones are top 25 in the nation at what they do? How do we expect to be a top 25 program without a top 25 staff? 

Frost is still regarded as one of the best college offensive minds in the game. He simply needs to grow as a coach and realize he can't do it all himself as badly as he wants to. He has a primarily non P5 staff and is competing against P5 staffs each week. Will he make the tough decisions? Time will tell. 

#GBR 

I agree. I just hope Frost realizes he gave his UCF guys a shot. They are not cutting it so he needs to make some big time staff hires and decisions. I think Frost and the program realize we need to have staff continuity over the years to become consistent year in and year out. BUT, we need to get the right staff before we try to hold on to them. It doesn't help to have continuity if they are not good enough for the P5. The BIG TEN is not just P5. They are one of the top 2 conferences in the P5- so added pressure and expectation to be an elite staff.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1