A Spartan fan's impression of your head coach

Duffy

Frost pretty much says what he thinks.  He has been obviously frustrated by the inconsistencies and the lack of maintaining focus plus he has gotten a lot of heat nationally when if you look at what he said he probably had valid points.  He got hammered for pushing to play when the conference shut things down, but if you look at what he actually said just before that he said that not having football would not prevent players from being exposed to covid.  If anything, they were probably safer playing because there would be much more motivation to avoid riskier behavior, vis a vis covid.  I suspect that is correct especially as it appears outdoor activity is pretty low risk.  Then when he pushed for a replacement game and said other schools might appreciate the ability to do that he was hammered again, but how much happier would "t"OSU be if they knew they could go out and get another game if the "team up north" is unable to go.  (Of course the BIG will change those rules if they risk keeping OSU out of the playoff.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:36 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I must not watch much of the press conferences.  But, the ones I have watched of pretty much all the coaches, I hear them saying the coaches need to do a better job.  But, when specifically asked about something like Jurgen's snap issues, he has stated that Cam needs to do a better job.  I don't see that as throwing Cam under the bus.  It's a fact that we all see.

Not sure what else they are supposed to say.  

Some fans care more about coaches cosplaying a set of "responsibility" values than they do about a coach actually competently doing their job. Riley ran a soft and undisciplined program. Jurgens snaps were seriously hurting the team. If you polled Husker fans with eyesight you would get 95 percent-plus agreeing with those two statements. A coach saying them out loud isn't passing the buck or abdicating responsibility; it is someone stating simple fact. It doesn't mean excuses or throwing someone under the bus; it is accepting and verbalizing reality when asked. People get frustrated with coachspeak and then jump on coaches for stuff like this when they actually speak their minds.

I always find it ironic that these "fans of opposing teams" posts always completely confirm the priors of a certain part of our fanbase. Hmmmm. It's almost as if a random MSU fan didn't actually seek us out to talk s#!t on our coach in the exact ways certain Husker fans want to and probably isn't real?

• Plus1 4