Bomar gone from OU

I bet the NCAA comes in now. And the whole "normal business practice" about the lexus is a little shady to me. Stoops didn't kick these two off the team because it was the right thing to do, he did it in an attempt to stave off NCAA Investigation and Sanctions. I think this thing is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

Anybody out there think that Tech is a more formidable contender now? I think 2 losses in conference may end up winning the south. I think the Tech-Texas and Tech-A&M games are huge. A&M should bounce back this year and they may be primed for a big time year. Peterson is the focal point for OU's offense, but in the first 3 games of the year, he was playing and the team didn't do anything because of bad QB play. Texas has uber talent, but has no experience at QB and lost their top RB. Tech has a lot coming back. It should be interesting.

No. Tech may have 4 returning WR's and a QB who is touted to break all sorts of team/school and NCAA records but their defense is weak. That's going to be their achilles heel this year. I think UT will win the South. A&M is struggling, OU is going to stumble a couple of times. OSU is going to struggle just to keep it's head above water.

But this just my uneducated guess/opinion :blink:

Tech can recruit QBs and WRs. That's it. Without a Defense, they'll never win the division. Not to mention a lack of a running game because the line isn't good and they don't have a good back.

I think A&M and Texas are competing for the B12S. Especially since OU and Tech are in OUR HOUSE.

No. Tech may have 4 returning WR's and a QB who is touted to break all sorts of team/school and NCAA records but their defense is weak. That's going to be their achilles heel this year. I think UT will win the South. A&M is struggling, OU is going to stumble a couple of times. OSU is going to struggle just to keep it's head above water.

But this just my uneducated guess/opinion :blink:

I think Tech's defense was on par with NU's last year as far as yards and points allowed. They gave up 3 less points per game and gave up an average of 3 yards more. I do not know how many guys they lost from last year's team, but I think that dispells the rumor that they have no defense. They have steadily improved the past 4 seasons. I think the south is ripe for the picking for either of the 4 mentioned teams.

That's the reason Tech was finally a new years bowl team last year. Every year they have an offense that can score at will, but a defense that couldn't stop anyone. Last year they finally stopped some people and then made it to the Cotton Bowl. If they can play some more D this year, they could end up in KC.

Now if he went to a juco, that could get him a chance for his junior and senior seasons, but I don't think that will happen.

That's what I think he will end up doing. Clean up his act and then he will be a big time recruiting target for next season.