Bomar gone from OU

I've long held the belief the power and dominance exerted by the South would slowly shift to the North and the South would then become the whipping post of the Big 12 in some sort of cycle. I'm wondering if we're starting to see that happen now <_<

:yeah I think this is the time. Texas is inexperienced, OU is getting in trouble, and all the other teams have question marks. I think this is the year a north team (Nebraska) wins the Big XII, especially with all the problems now.

It's possible, but I think you need to shift that from "The North" to "Nebraska." I just don't see the other North Programs, 'cept for maybe ISU, really strong right now. I still think that A&M, Tech, Texas, and OU will be formidable.

That's exactly right. No other North team has ever been as consistent and popular as Nebraska. ISU doesn't have the tradition Nebraska does and they have a habit of choking in big games. They might be competitive, but the entire power of the conference won't shift to the North, IMO.

In the North you have Coach Hawkins at Colo. Mangino slowly but surely improving the Jayhawks. ISU with what could be it's best team in a long time. KSU with a new untested coach. Mizzou with a QB whose been impressive. And of course NU who is looking really good following the end of last year and with so many starters returning (some young).

In the South you have the OU scandal. UT with a huge QB void. A&M whose done nothing but struggle under Coach Fran. Baylor who could be a thorn in someones side but not on a consistent basis. Tech who isn't known for their strong defenses and OSU whose going thru some big rebuilding pains.

The atmosphere in College Station is cautious optimism. Mainly because of the way McGee showed up aganst Texas. It's less about Fran.

Most Ags have begrudgingly accepted the fact that we need to give Fran one more year. Anything less than 7, and we'll call for his head. But most are demanding 8 with 2 out of 4 wins from OU, Tech, NU, and Texas. Considering 3 are at Kyle, that should be doable. The thing is he's had success at big programs, including 'bama in the SEC, so we think he can do it here. But he has to show us something now if he wants to keep his job.

Hell, the hot coach on the campus of this huge FOOTBALL SCHOOL s Billy Gillispie, our BASKETBALL COACH.