Pro Football Focus Defensive Grades

lo country

Thanks for posting. I find these interesting but not always sure how they grade/score. I noticed they scored Kolarevic high and he did seem to flash yesterday when he was in there. He was one of those guys I was like who is this guy making plays!  Dismuke got a key block, not saying he had a great game but it’s not like he got thrown all over?  Other than the Int and one good tackle I expect more from Domann.  He just doesn’t seem to be around the action as much so far. I thought Stille had a poor game and would grade him lower. Really didn’t see him make plays I would expect, was not near the QB or blowing up plays, way too pedestrian for someone with NFL aspirations, we need a lot more from him in these upcoming tough games. Williams was a bright spot.

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Thanks for posting. I find these interesting but not always sure how they grade/score. I noticed they scored Kolarevic high and he did seem to flash yesterday when he was in there. He was one of those guys I was like who is this guy making plays!  Dismuke got a key block, not saying he had a great game but it’s not like he got thrown all over?  Other than the Int and one good tackle I expect more from Domann.  He just doesn’t seem to be around the action as much so far. I thought Stille had a poor game and would grade him lower. Really didn’t see him make plays I would expect, was not near the QB or blowing up plays, way too pedestrian for someone with NFL aspirations, we need a lot more from him in these upcoming tough games. Williams was a bright spot.

I was wondering about JoJo as well.  Last week people said Illinois schemed to make him move from the play side which limited his activity.  If this is the case, I hope Chin finds a way to disguise his assignments. He will be needed to play a much more active role.  Against Fordham, he had the 1 int and I’m assuming limited action to monitor his snaps in a 12 game (HOPEFULLY 13) season.....

i think in sprung int and summer they’d mentioned they knew what they had with him and would try to count his reps this year.  IIRC he never missed a defensive snap last year.

Williams two picks were great to see.  DL not as disruptive as I would have thought.  Kolarevic is going to be a good one.  Mauga-Clements played like a man possessed.