NCAA Clock Rule Change

"On nearly all changes of possession, the ball will be spotted by the officials and the clock started rather than starting it on the first snap.

An incomplete pass or a player going out of bounds won't always keep the clock stopped either, including on a fourth-down pass that's incomplete and a defender running out of bounds with an interception."

This is a bunch of BS if you ask me. There will definately be games this year that get decided by this lame excuse of long games. In particular, I don't really understand the last paragraph. Could you imagine a 2-minute drill? You get a nice gain of 15 yards, running out of bounds, and the clock doesn't stop? Or with the interception, what if you have the following situation: your team is down by 2 with 20 seconds left and the opponent is driving at midfield. They throw a long pass and you pick it off, returning it to their 25 before being shoved out of bounds with 7 seconds left. Does the clock run out? Just food for thought, but I think these rules are a little un-football like. It's unfortunate television (w/ the exception of tv timeouts) has to interfere with the way the game is played. Morons.

So, TV games are too long? How about SHORTER TV TIMEOUTS

Amen! I understand advertising equals $$$, etc etc. But every game there are 3 or commercials that are played OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Expecially on ABC. After seeing a commercial more than 5 times (in the 1st half alone), when i have every word memorized, I want to boycott the company just for annoying me.

I get over the "boycott" after the game but seriously, how many times do we need to see the same ads repeated every damn commercial break?

or why do we need >>commercial break....Kickoff....commercial break<<. Injuries, on-field TOs, Halftime ads i can understand, but one 5-second play in between ad breaks!