TCU HC Sonny Dykes

As this saga comes to a close, I'd like to say a few things to the members of Husker Board. For starters, congratulations on the Matt Rhule hire, everyone seems excited about it so kudos to you for getting your guy. As a fan of college football, the sport is better when Nebraska is competing for championships so I'm rooting for you and for him. 

More importantly, I am not Sonny Dykes nor am I his agent and the reality is actually a little bit more complicated. I am an SMU student who had to see Sonny begin to rebuild the program and then bail for our biggest rival. To be clear, I'm not bitter about Sonny leaving SMU as he deserved a bigger program but I am bitter about him going to TCU. He whispered sweet nothings into our ear while he was getting ready to do it with the maid in the closet. It was disrespectful. I do think that he's a really good coach and he did revive the program so I want him to succeed just not with our biggest rival. After TCU beat SMU, I thought that Sonny becoming a candidate for an even bigger job wasn't out of the question if I could get the ball rolling and if they kept winning. Not only were you the first program that I deemed big enough to lure Sonny but part of me actually thought that the hire made sense so I began to push Sonny to Nebraska through message boards (like this), twitter, emails to insiders, etc. (I still kinda think it would've made sense) Obviously it didn't work but this thread has almost 5k views so that's definitely something. I know you probably think this is crazy but you should know that I stole this idea from IU basketball fans who set message boards ablaze with Billy Donovan to Bloomington talk in 2017. It wasn't really going to happen but Donovan had to come out and publicly say that he wasn't taking the IU job. They were able to get the rumors to reach the man himself which is crazy and inspiring. I was hoping for something similar here and thought that maybe you'd hire him if the dominos fell correctly. Well, they didn't and he'll probably get a big extension in Ft. Worth and I'll be sad forever. 

As a parting gift, I request that you begin to push Garrett Riley as your OC. He's very good so I also want him gone. Thank you all and good night.