Why do some people not want Keller!?!?!?!

Keller is great:

Great for the transistion from ZT to ??? whomever

NC team next year needed ZT for one more year...Keller could lead us to the promise land. I say NC cause the final piece to the puzzle will be filled. That being a great secondary. Ours is not horrible but it isnt NC caliber just yet. Bowman and Jones etc...next year will be the year folks will be calling for titles.

Huskers get first QB drafted in the 1st round, great recruiting tool

Keller is great:

Great for the transistion from ZT to ??? whomever

NC team next year needed ZT for one more year...Keller could lead us to the promise land. I say NC cause the final piece to the puzzle will be filled. That being a great secondary. Ours is not horrible but it isnt NC caliber just yet. Bowman and Jones etc...next year will be the year folks will be calling for titles.

Huskers get first QB drafted in the 1st round, great recruiting tool

:yeah:restore

Let me clarify: I want Keller to come to NU. But I'm reserved about this, and have mixed feelings. Better here than on a potential opponent's team, and this is a truly golden opportunity that doesn't always come around. But QB is not exactly our neediest position, and we run the risk of marginalizing a guy like Ganz or Davis - Ganz, if you recall, was everyone's golden boy when Beck ran off. Again, turning away a guy like Keller would probably be stupid, but he's coming in to supplant guys on the depth chart who have been working all along towards being the next great Husker QB.

But nothing's even official here. We haven't seen Keller in a Husker uniform or in this system, so of course it's hard to imagine him as a Husker. Despite my misgivings, Keller has to get a chance to prove himself, and as others have said, we want the best guy under center next year to lead our team. He's still only a college student and will have a lot of transitioning to do should he come here. We can't really say how he'll respond to that, regardless of his credentials.

Let's not run away with ourselves here. Rumors are getting out of hand. His father has been quoted as saying he's never even met Bill Callahan, while everyone else seems to be touting the Mike Keller-BC connections.

How is QB not our biggest need next year? It will be the only position we will not be returning anyone with game experience. The secondary will get better with the return or Bowman, Grixby and Jones and as long as we don't have anyone leave early we will still be stacked at LB. QB next year will be our biggest question mark.