Why do some people not want Keller!?!?!?!

Can someone please give me a legit reason why they don't want this kid? The reason that we will only be here one year is weak. Him being here for a year is a huge plus because without him next year we would be going into the year without any QB with D-1 experience. Also someone on the board stated it would hurt Witt's developement? WHAT!!! Give the freshmen a year to sit and learn, remember how everyone said Beck was gonna come in and start as a freshmen, give the kid a break and don't put so much pressure on him... let him EARN the position. Also saying you feel bad for Ganz is nice but when it comes to major college football feelings need to be put aside, I don't know Ganz at all but I am sure he is a nice guy and Keller could be a nice guy or he could be a prick, but when it comes down to winning games I am guessing every player on that team would want the guy with a proven track record out there leading them. If everyone wants us to get back to the top of the Big 12 and back in BCS games we need players with talent, and there is a good chance we are going to steal one. Be happy we are getting him and stop trying to find reasons why we don't want him.

Remember these transfers... Zac Taylor, Scott Frost, Vince Ferragamo... not saying Keller has earned the right to be in that class yet, but they all transfered here and are beloved Husker QB's. So until you judge the kid give him a chance, because if he comes and is the man next year, everyone that was saying how the didn't know if they wanted him will be on this board posting about how great of a steal we got.

I can only believe that it has something to do with the rep we get still today after the whole LP thing (incidently I think TO handled it correctly) and a few others with "trouble off the field". Just a guess though.

Hey the guy didn't break any laws, he's going to play somewhere and he fills a need we have. I don't see the problem. Besides, if his off the field activities are what the rumours make them out to be the Lincoln PD will be sitting on him most every weekend anyway.

I can only believe that it has something to do with the rep we get still today after the whole LP thing (incidently I think TO handled it correctly) and a few others with "trouble off the field". Just a guess though.

Hey the guy didn't break any laws, he's going to play somewhere and he fills a need we have. I don't see the problem. Besides, if his off the field activities are what the rumours make them out to be the Lincoln PD will be sitting on him most every weekend anyway.

Agreed... Tom made the tough choice by keeping Lawernce on the field but it was the right choice. By keeping Lawerence on the field it hopefully kept him out of even worse trouble, sadly it wasn't enough to keep him straight in the NFL.

Do we actually have Keller? All that I've heard is a rumor that someone saw it on ESPN. How do we even know that he likes NU?

If he does come here, I say that is excellent. If any of you watched some of his games last year, he got ripped with a lot of those interceptions. Most of them were just tipped and bobbled by his receivers. He would be a great QB I think.

As far as the off-field problems go, you would think that Lincoln is a little bit of a step down compared to Tempe in terms of distractions. Plus, it's his final year and he has NFL scouts on him, you would think he would get his act together if he wants to keep playing at the next level.

On a side note, I remember seeing him play last year against somebody and he absolutely lit their D up. He really utilized his big receiver, Hagan I believe was his name. I think he would be a great fit in our offense especially with the talent that should be back next year.

I throw this question out to those who do not want Keller as:

Some people are asking questions about why so many team leaders went to the ASU coach and said they would walk if Keller was starting QB.

Why not question the alleged "team leaders" who would walk if Keller was starting QB? Does a "team leader" leave a team because of one player that he is not happy with (who he also voted as team captain)?

I tend to believe the explanation of other QB threatening to leave.

I would welcome Keller with open arms - he is good for the Huskers and the Huskers are good for him.

Let me clarify: I want Keller to come to NU. But I'm reserved about this, and have mixed feelings. Better here than on a potential opponent's team, and this is a truly golden opportunity that doesn't always come around. But QB is not exactly our neediest position, and we run the risk of marginalizing a guy like Ganz or Davis - Ganz, if you recall, was everyone's golden boy when Beck ran off. Again, turning away a guy like Keller would probably be stupid, but he's coming in to supplant guys on the depth chart who have been working all along towards being the next great Husker QB.

But nothing's even official here. We haven't seen Keller in a Husker uniform or in this system, so of course it's hard to imagine him as a Husker. Despite my misgivings, Keller has to get a chance to prove himself, and as others have said, we want the best guy under center next year to lead our team. He's still only a college student and will have a lot of transitioning to do should he come here. We can't really say how he'll respond to that, regardless of his credentials.

Let's not run away with ourselves here. Rumors are getting out of hand. His father has been quoted as saying he's never even met Bill Callahan, while everyone else seems to be touting the Mike Keller-BC connections.