Who will be starter??? RB/ WR/ TE/LB?

jauken

I really like Nate Swift as receiver. He seems more of a leader type, even if he isn't twenty feet tall. I think he and Nunn keep the starting positions as long as they're Huskers, and the younger guys get rotated in often. We're going to have a deep receiving corps :)

Besides, how can you have a cooler name than NATE SWIFT? :lol:

I think Lucky's only role to the team from the midseason on will be on the kickoff return team. Maybe he will return punts too, but I think there is too much talent at tailback for him to get a lot of time there.

I don't know about that. Lucky would be a great change of pace back from the likes of Glenn, Wilson, Jackson. He will also see some time in the slot and will probally have some trick plays drawn up for him. He is just too talented to have him just return kicks.

It's very possible we will see 2-3 of these back on the field at the same time. Most likely 2 at the most, but possibly 2 in the back field with one in the slot

I could see that, with Lucky split out in the slot.

When this offense get clicking they can throw so many formations at the other teams their heads will be spinning! :wacko:

:ahhhhhhhh <---Big XII D coaches this season!

It's very possible we will see 2-3 of these back on the field at the same time. Most likely 2 at the most, but possibly 2 in the back field with one in the slot

I could see that, with Lucky split out in the slot.

When this offense get clicking they can throw so many formations at the other teams their heads will be spinning! :wacko:

:ahhhhhhhh <---Big XII D coaches this season!

Or an artists rendition of Mangino! :lol:

There is no question who is starting at tight end and linebacker.

Herian will start all season long, and Bradley, Octavien, and McKeon are the starters, with Brandenburgh, Ruud, and Dillard very good backups this year.

Nunn and Swift also will start the season, with Purify coming in soon after that, but by midseason for sure.

I don't see how Wilson will start the season, but finish on the bench. That just isn't going to happen unless he gets hurt or gets disciplined. If he starts the first game, he'll start all year. He's quick like Lucky, but huge like Glenn. I have to think Lucky and Glenn will get the first few series against LA Tech with Jackson being the third to see time. Wilson might not be ready right away (he just got here) but give him a few weeks and he'll be contributing.

If you had read the newspaper, or my prior post, you would know that Randy Jordan has told reporters that Lucky actually has the greatest grasp of the playbook and of blocking schemes, more so than even Bjax, who has been in the system longer.

The 3 backs that have been here all know the playbook fairly well and that's really a major reason KW isn't ahead of them. One of the main things the coaches are going to concentrate on when choosing which back to play is who picks up the blitz the best. And don't think it's simply a mental thing or something that can be learned easily. A lot more has to do with the WILLINGNESS to sacrifice your body, usually against a guy that's 250 lbs and runs a 4.5 and is coming full speed. That's a train wreck every time, and guys like Lucky and Glenn never had to do that in HS. That's something that seperated Ross from the others last year, and something that Wilson doesn't mind doing right now.

Lucky is the most versatile back we have, but the coaches don't want to stick somebody back there that goes down on 1st contact and that's the biggest knock against Lucky at this point. He is a very good cutter/slasher but needs to toughen up and learn to run between the tackles and take on contact better. He did fairly well in fall camp and will continue to improve I'm sure, but each of these guys still has 2 weeks to show what they can do.

I think Lucky will be included in the 11 guys that start, but I don't think when game one ends that he'll have the most carries. I think Wilson will.