Taliban leader says attack on Washington will amaze.

socalhusker: its awesome to hear this kind of thinking from someone in the military. your the kind of solider im proud to support!!! :thumbs

Thank you!! By the way, love the quotes. Ron Paul is one of my personal heroes!! Wish more people would actually listen to him and then maybe we could begin to understand and solve some of the problems plaguing our country.

agreed, its amazing more people don't listen to him. he's very refreshing to listen to.

its even better than hearing Bo Pelini after listening to BC for so long.... i think we all know how refreshing that felt.

I can't give specifics but to assume "you all just don't know" means nothing, then I was correct in my original statement. (This is not a personal attack nor is it close to being one)

Love blowback. If it creates a 3rd world cival war and doesn't hurt our interests, then let it happen. But then I'm also a proponant of waterboarding and Gitmo.

If you aren't at least a level 2 then you aren't privy to anything of significance. Sorry if that disappoints anybody; but it's just a fact.

you do realize that 9/11 was result of "blowback" right? are you sayin you "love" that?

so you don't have a problem with the civil wars down in africa? the ones being fought by children... those wars have left millions homeless, and dependent on foreign aid(our aid, our money, our "interests"... that stuff does effect us.)... not to mention the countless that have been killed for what equates to, nothing more than greed.

thats a shame.... thats the best i could do without personal attack

God now im po'd

- No it wasn't. Sorry

- No I don't as long as it doesn't impact our interests and people. Besides it's a great way of exposing and focusing on objectives/targets

- No it's not and it wasn't.

Being po'd.....I'm sure you are. That's why only some are recruited and the best make it. Those that aren't and can't; just don't know. And that's a great thing. It can be an ugly business that only some can do. The others just get po'd. And there's nothing wrong with that. Which is ok.

I respect all of your opinions. However I hope you would and do respect what I did for 25 years all in the service of our country. The methods are not to be judged. Only the results. Since I did my job extremely well and am still here after 25 years, that says a lot. Again, it all goes back to what you don't know and should be thankful for it. (Again, not a personal attack nor is it close to being one)

You are flat out wrong, 9/11 was most definitely blowback. Numerous people; including the former head of the CIA's Bin Laden Unit, Michael Scheuer and even Bin Laden himself, have acknowledged the fact that 9/11 was a direct result of our meddling in the Middle East and South Asia. Anyone who contends differently is someone like yourself, who enjoys human destruction, or someone who is completely ignorant about history and foreign policy. Don't know what your education level is, or if you are even interested in learning the truth, but here's a short list of books on foreign policy you need to read: Dying to Win, Blowback, Imperial Hubris, A Foreign Policy of Freedom and if taken with a grain of salt; the 9/11 Commission Report.

If you were around in the 80's, as you have stated earlier, you would know the Reagan Doctrine resulted in a lot of blowback, much we still feel the consequences of today. So you were right when earlier you said it is used to confirm, but guess what? It always confirms how wrong our foreign policy is. You keep saying, “as long as it doesn’t impact our interests,” but the truth is, our intervention always impacts our interests. Whether it be weapons, politics, trade, lives or freedom they are all affected and blowback affects them negatively. To say you love and sanction something that destroys the foundation of freedom in this country and something you are supposedly trying to preserve is not only disturbing but borderline insane.

While I do respect and fought for your rights to think I as you please, I in no way have to respect your opinions. Especially when they are cast in the same mold as those that are tearing down and removing the very liberties myself and countless others have fought to save. You can keep all the “it’s better that you don’t know” crap to yourself because while there is a lot of shady dealings going on around the world, and in our own government in particular, there is still a rule of a law and a Constitution designed to protect us from the tyranny of big government. The day will come when the truths of what is going on are revealed, and we’ll see how many people agree with your opinions on warrant less wiretaps, love of blowback, torture and any other sadistic deprivation of liberties you condone.

I can't give specifics but to assume "you all just don't know" means nothing, then I was correct in my original statement. (This is not a personal attack nor is it close to being one)

Love blowback. If it creates a 3rd world cival war and doesn't hurt our interests, then let it happen. But then I'm also a proponant of waterboarding and Gitmo.

If you aren't at least a level 2 then you aren't privy to anything of significance. Sorry if that disappoints anybody; but it's just a fact.

you do realize that 9/11 was result of "blowback" right? are you sayin you "love" that?

so you don't have a problem with the civil wars down in africa? the ones being fought by children... those wars have left millions homeless, and dependent on foreign aid(our aid, our money, our "interests"... that stuff does effect us.)... not to mention the countless that have been killed for what equates to, nothing more than greed.

thats a shame.... thats the best i could do without personal attack

God now im po'd

- No it wasn't. Sorry

- No I don't as long as it doesn't impact our interests and people. Besides it's a great way of exposing and focusing on objectives/targets

- No it's not and it wasn't.

Being po'd.....I'm sure you are. That's why only some are recruited and the best make it. Those that aren't and can't; just don't know. And that's a great thing. It can be an ugly business that only some can do. The others just get po'd. And there's nothing wrong with that. Which is ok.

what caused 9.11?

objectives and targets? that would mean that, that particular war was effecting our interests and people.

to be honest i got calls many times, like most kids. my hs friends that ended up in the service tried to get me to join... i was recruited, and to this day i still contemplate doin it. but if i were to join i'd have to give up civil liberties that at this point im not willing to give up. id also more than likely have to fight a war that im against.

not knowing is absolutely horrible, one of my biggest problem with our society. its what causes people to blindly follow politicians who speak nice, or have the medias support. wether its ugly or beautiful the truth is whats needed to advance society. and the lack of truth and knowledge is whats holding us back.

your absolutely right, theres nothing wrong with being po'd, sometimes being po'd is whats needed to get the job done.

Actually, not knowing for the bulk of the public, is a great thing. And yes, some politicians have an interesting agenda.

Objectives and targets are why it's best for the majority of the not knowing. And that's a good thing.

This is not an apology, but I'm not an a$$hole as I will never apologize for what I've done for my country, me, my family, all of you, and beyond. Again, not knowing is a wonderful thing. Be thankful as you all sleep better in not having a clue as to what is out there on a daily basis.

Maybe this will explain my stance the best. Being in the know isn't what it's cracked up to be. Again, be thankful

yeah, i mean if the germans knew what hitlers objectives and targets were who wouldv'e supported him? your right, its probably best the public doesn't know :hmmph

don't get me wrong, i understand that an uninformed public helps the military/politicians obtain their objective and targets smoother. and from that point of view, its a good thing... i just question(like the founding fathers suggested) wether their objectives and targets are the right ones. and i prefer to decide that on my own.... before it causes blowback.

no apologies necessary

The only objective the government should have is to protect the liberties and freedoms of the Constitution. Nothing else!!

The only objective the government should have is to protect the liberties and freedoms of the Constitution. Nothing else!!

absolutely!!!

the only other thing i could mention for the gov. to do is to not allowing a central bank to run the economy.... EDIT: but that kind of falls under the whole protecting of the constitution, and liberties thing.

the last time this country had no debt, 0, zilch, nata.... was 1836, by result of Andrew Jackson getting rid of the central banking system. it returned in 1913 with a new name "the federal reserve". the kicker is that this bank isn't federal.... its as federal as fedex.

absolutely!!!

the only other thing i could mention for the gov. to do is to not allowing a central bank to run the economy....

the last time this country had no debt, 0, zilch, nata.... was 1836, by result of Andrew Jackson getting rid of the central banking system. it returned in 1913 with a new name "the federal reserve". the kicker is that this bank isn't federal.... its as federal as fedex.

This thread is slowly creeping off topic, but to expound on your thoughts of the Fed and its use or purpose, the Constitution does touch on coining money and it most definitely doesn't give that power to the Federal Reserve.

Article I, Section 8: Powers of Congress

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

No mention of a central bank, but Congress did enact the Federal Reserve Act in 1913 which allowed Congress to delegate its authority to coin and print paper money. Some of the founders knew the dangers of a central bank (there were many debates between Jefferson and Hamilton on this subject) which led them to place the authority with Congress. However, with the Fed Act, Congress gave up the responsibility and the results of that fiasco speak for themselves.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the current economic crisis, every economic downturn suffered by this country over the past century can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. Since its creation, the Federal Reserve has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, causing low interest rates, which leads to a misallocation of resources and an artificial boom, followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts. Not only this, but most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies and this represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

As of right now, Congress has no way of knowing what is going on with the Fed. There is no law requiring any accountablity. Sure, Title 31, Section 714 of the US Code calls for the Comptroller General to audit the Fed and other Federal Financial Institutions but subsection B outlines the exception and all the exceptions are everything they do. If you think Congress misallocating TARP funds and other stimulus money to the sum of billions of dollars is crazy, think about how the Fed is doing it but to the tune of trillions. HR 1207, a bill to audit the Federal Reserve is currently awaiting in Congress. When it passes, we are going to be in a for a shock, guaranteed.

This thread is slowly creeping off topic, but to expound on your thoughts of the Fed and its use or purpose, the Constitution does touch on coining money and it most definitely doesn't give that power to the Federal Reserve.

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

No mention of a central bank, but Congress did enact the Federal Reserve Act in 1913 which allowed Congress to delegate its authority to coin and print paper money. Some of the founders knew the dangers of a central bank (there were many debates between Jefferson and Hamilton on this subject) which led them to place the authority with Congress. However, with the Fed Act, Congress gave up the responsibility and the results of that fiasco speak for themselves.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the current economic crisis, every economic downturn suffered by this country over the past century can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. Since its creation, the Federal Reserve has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, causing low interest rates, which leads to a misallocation of resources and an artificial boom, followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts. Not only this, but most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies and this represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

As of right now, Congress has no way of knowing what is going on with the Fed. There is no law requiring any accountablity. Sure, Title 31, Section 714 of the US Code calls for the Comptroller General to audit the Fed and other Federal Financial Institutions but subsection B outlines the exception and all the exceptions are everything they do. If you think Congress misallocating TARP funds and other stimulus money to the sum of billions of dollars is crazy, think about how the Fed is doing it but to the tune of trillions. HR 1207, a bill to audit the Federal Reserve is currently awaiting in Congress. When it passes, we are going to be in a for a shock, guaranteed.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Our Founding Fathers knew the dangers of having a centrally controlled bank...which is why they expressly warned against it.

We, as Americans-and indeed as a nation, would be wise to re-familiarize ourselves with the writings, teachings and/or beliefs of the Founders of this great nation. Because, the further we drift from the tenets of our Constitution the more idiotic and brainless we become.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Our Founding Fathers knew the dangers of having a centrally controlled bank...which is why they expressly warned against it.

We, as Americans-and indeed as a nation, would be wise to re-familiarize ourselves with the writings, teachings and/or beliefs of the Founders of this great nation. Because, the further we drift from the tenets of our Constitution the more idiotic and brainless we become.

you got that right, id also add that the further we drift, we become more powerless, and lose freedoms.... but whenever i mention that in conversation somebody always says that the constitution is out dated, or we can't understand what the founding father actually meant... my response always revolves around quotes and other writings from the founding fathers. if people read both the constitution and their other writings, it would be very clear to everyone, and this country(& the world) would be alot better off.

55 cosponsors

thats better than i expected, but i still doubt it ever gets signed by the president.