Taliban leader says attack on Washington will amaze.

Not being a smart-ass, but your posts show your opinions are based on what little you know. For you and others that think like you......that's a great thing. Trust me!

This is coming perilously close to a personal attack. Try refuting his statements rather than casting aspersions. If you can't, you've lost the debate. If you can, there's no need for your statement above.

This is in no way a personal attack and please do not incorrectly make assumptions. If you have a question or need to me to explain something feel free to PM me. But let's keep incorrect assumptions to non-existent.

In other words if I wanted to post a personal attack, I would have been perfectly clear so there is nothing left to be incorrectly assumed. I'm not trying be an a$$hole, but I don't like it when people assume incorrectly about a post of mine without taking the time to understand what's what.

Now, to clarify my reply. His comment was based on what little he knows about the reality behind protecting the country. He doesn't know because he has no experience. I never slammed him as much as I pointed out the obvious.

Let's clarify a few points:

1. I did not say it was a personal attack. I said it was coming close to it. Had it been, I would have increased your warning level or told you to take it to the Woodshed.

2. You stated that, "I don't like it when people assume incorrectly about a post of mine without taking the time to understand what's what.". Too bad. I don't like it when someone fails to read my posts and jump to incorrect assumptions. If you have a question or need me to explain something to you, feel free to PM me.

3. You stated, "Now, to clarify my reply. His comment was based on what little he knows about the reality behind protecting the country. He doesn't know because he has no experience." And your proof that you possess such experience consists of nothing more than your unsubstantiated claim - in other words, utterly worthless without proof. That's the beauty of the Internet. Anyone can pretend to be anything they want. Further, at no point did you completely and fully explore his experience. Therefore, the comment, in addition to being completely without a basis in fact, is nothing more than gratuitous. So, to repeat: Try refuting his statements rather than casting aspersions. If you can't, you've lost the debate. If you can, there's no need for your statement above.

Your opinion of my comment being close to a personal attack is just your opinion. Besides, you said it was close to a personal attack. The fact is it wasn't a personal attack, but yet you felt the need to make it an issue, is pretty ridiculous.

You're right, the Internet is a beautiful thing in it let's those without a clue post to post without any regard to being right or having a point. Even those in a pseudo authority position.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need things further explained for your benefit.

Oh, by the way, his position was refuted by the post in question. If you missed it - too bad.

If you want to continue making a big deal over nothing, then I'm your Huckleberry.

Your opinion of my comment being close to a personal attack is just your opinion. Besides, you said it was close to a personal attack. The fact is it wasn't a personal attack, but yet you felt the need to make it an issue, is pretty ridiculous.

No, it was an attempt to prevent a possible flame war.

You're right, the Internet is a beautiful thing in it let's those without a clue post to post without any regard to being right or having a point. Even those in a pseudo authority position.

Or those with a pseudo claim of knowledge or experience.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need things further explained for your benefit.

Certainly - and you continue to do likewise.

Oh, by the way, his position was refuted by the post in question. If you missed it - too bad.

Opinions are wonderful - they never need facts to support them. Too bad.

If you want to continue making a big deal over nothing, then I'm your Huckleberry.

That depends entirely on you. You can either choose to move on from this or not.

You're right. Capture, detention, and intelligence gathering is always the place to start and stop when it comes to terrorists and those that threaten the United States and our interests.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Stop".

I've seen that saying by Benny before, but I'm also beginning to think, he might think a little differently today.

There's more at stake now than there was for a fledgling group of independant states...The possible destruction is much more complete and on a grander scale...We almost have to concede some of our freedoms to protect the greater good...It's a very painful concession, but if we restrict how this information can be used..We might be better off.

I have a relative who likes to listen to religious fanatics..She's convinced that once all the televisions are on this digital thing they're forcing us to accept...The Government will be able to track our every move..So no more eatin' cheetos nekid in your beanbags!

I will never ever to the death give up my right to do anything I want to do within the confines of my home and in a state of nekidness. My advise to everyone is, do everything you want when you are nekid, just be very careful when frying bacon.

T_O_B

You're right. Capture, detention, and intelligence gathering is always the place to start and stop when it comes to terrorists and those that threaten the United States and our interests.

I've seen that saying by Benny before, but I'm also beginning to think, he might think a little differently today.

There's more at stake now than there was for a fledgling group of independant states...The possible destruction is much more complete and on a grander scale...We almost have to concede some of our freedoms to protect the greater good...It's a very painful concession, but if we restrict how this information can be used..We might be better off.

I have a relative who likes to listen to religious fanatics..She's convinced that once all the televisions are on this digital thing they're forcing us to accept...The Government will be able to track our every move..So no more eatin' cheetos nekid in your beanbags!

If we start surrendering our freedoms, we have already lost. I don't remember who said it but it really rings true. "Fascism will come to the United States draped in the Flag and carrying the Cross"

The religious fanatic is the enemy of the whole world and I don't care what that religion may be.

T_O_B

No, it was an attempt to prevent a possible flame war.

Or those with a pseudo claim of knowledge or experience.

Certainly - and you continue to do likewise.

Opinions are wonderful - they never need facts to support them. Too bad.

That depends entirely on you. You can either choose to move on from this or not.

Tomorrow, when the store manager tells you not to double bag, do it as it makes us happy.

Just to let you know, I can and will continue this as long as you want. By the way, the knowledge which I've forgotten is 10 times greater than what you are capable of learning let alone understanding. Your replies are the proof which will and have offset your opinions. (This is not a personal attack)

Sorry if my achievements far exceed those you fantasize about in your pseudo management position here on an Internet board. I'm almost sorry that my achievements and service far outweigh yours. However, to me, it was never a contest as much as it was the right thing me to do. It's too bad that you, in another failed attempt to make self appear more legitimate, feel the need to question my achievements and service. But since they far surpass yours - your stance make sense as it's all you have. Pity!

As far as you preventing a possible flame war. Nobody had an issue until you popped off. Next time sit back and let things happen. If a flame war were to start, it will soon have stopped because the two of us had an understanding of the logic and topic at hand. You don't and didn't.

Here's a hint for you. This is an Internet chat board meant for fun. Stop trying to ruin it because of perceived responsibilities.

I'm still your Huckleberry and you are still the boards Johnny Ringo. Especially mine.

If we start surrendering our freedoms, we have already lost. I don't remember who said it but it really rings true. "Fascism will come to the United States draped in the Flag and carrying the Cross"

The religious fanatic is the enemy of the whole world and I don't care what that religion me be.

T_O_B

So true.

Where is Henry Kissinger when you need him? <_<

It is a great debate, and I am hearing everyones' opinions. It would be great to throw out the rule book in pursuit of finding and eliminating terrorist activity. I think you will find people who would be for that with a good amount against it.

Hardly a topic for the Lounge.....especially with Doc and Ringo sizing each other up!! :bang

Tomorrow, when the store manager tells you not to double bag, do it as it makes us happy.

Vince, I realize that my significance to this world pales in comparison to yours. However, help me understand this, are you suggesting that AR sacks groceries for a living?

:snacks:

timeout.jpg

Vince..

I'm enjoying getting to read more about some of your experiences..But some of your posts ARE approaching personal attacks..They don't hurt anyone, but they do tend to make some of your own posts seem a little less credible..Just human nature...Like when you meet someone..you probably give them the benefit of the doubt..until they say or do something that Jesus wouldn't do....(for lack of more time to come up with a more better example)...THEN, you start to wonder. <_<

AR..

I appreciate you letting this go on..I know you could easily shut this down or get into a pissing match, but you're showing great restraint...None of us are perfect, but I can see where you probably had a responsibility to interject, just to try to keep this more on topic..and to steer this away from escalating to a war of flame..In retrospect, your interruption may have been one or two posts too soon, but it was probably inevitable.

timeout.jpg

Vince..

I'm enjoying getting to read more about some of your experiences..But some of your posts ARE approaching personal attacks..They don't hurt anyone, but they do tend to make some of your own posts seem a little less credible..Just human nature...Like when you meet someone..you probably give them the benefit of the doubt..until they say or do something that Jesus wouldn't do....(for lack of more time to come up with a more better example)...THEN, you start to wonder. <_<

AR..

I appreciate you letting this go on..I know you could easily shut this down or get into a pissing match, but you're showing great restraint...None of us are perfect, but I can see where you probably had a responsibility to interject, just to try to keep this more on topic..and to steer this away from escalating to a war of flame..In retrospect, your interruption may have been one or two posts too soon, but it was probably inevitable.

:lol: I'll take your post, for what it is, under consideration.

This is not a personnal attack. Just an acknowledement of knowing exactly where you are coming from :lol: