Buying Tickets in the Visitor Section

Hello,

We have promised my children THIS will be the fall we will take them to cheer on the Huskers in person at a game. We are transplants from the west. We have the opportunity to buy tickets to the BYU game through friends of ours that are BYU alumni. Tickets are around $85 a person and in the lower visitors section.

HOWEVER, we will BE WEARING RED! And cheering on the Huskers. NOT BYU. Since I haven't been to a game in person, this is my question: In the past, do you see Husker fans peppered throughout the visitor section? I want my children to have an enjoyable experience and not feel totally out of place.

If you suggest we don't purchase through our friends, please let me know my best bet at securing tickets to this game. I don't want to let my kids down.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello,

We have promised my children THIS will be the fall we will take them to cheer on the Huskers in person at a game. We are transplants from the west. We have the opportunity to buy tickets to the BYU game through friends of ours that are BYU alumni. Tickets are around $85 a person and in the lower visitors section.

HOWEVER, we will BE WEARING RED! And cheering on the Huskers. NOT BYU. Since I haven't been to a game in person, this is my question: In the past, do you see Husker fans peppered throughout the visitor section? I want my children to have an enjoyable experience and not feel totally out of place.

If you suggest we don't purchase through our friends, please let me know my best bet at securing tickets to this game. I don't want to let my kids down.

Thanks so much for your help!

Almost every team has issues selling their tickets. They return them to Nebraska and they are then sold to Husker fans. There are ALWAYS Husker fans in the visitor sections. There's always stub hub, eBay or you can always buy scalper tickets, but for piece of mind I would just buy them from your friends. $85 is more than face value, but it's not an astronomical difference.

It depends on how many tickets you need

A friend of mine has missed just a handful of games in last 4-5 years

He buys his tickets in in the south end in front of the souvenier place from scalpers

He said he rarely if ever has to pay more than face value

Twice Ive sold singles there when one of our party had to cancel at the last minute- lots being sold at face value. Depending on the game- some below.

Don't listen to that guy.

I assumed you wanted 4+ in a row considering your first sentence. As you probably knew prior to posting here, upping the count 3, 4, 5 decreases the supply dramatically. This game will be high demand and pushing the upper end of Husker ticket prices.

BYU fans are probably amongst the most respectable in the nation so I wouldn't worry about that at all...in our house or theirs (unless I completely misunderstand Mormon's and in fact they're often stupid nasty drunken druggies like the remaining 2000 cu puff "fans"...naw). Buy the tickets and if you decide to do something different sell them online for a profit. Cheapest tickets are student validated tics and they're all GA if I understand correctly but I've never done it. If you are interested in GA cheap student tickets you might want to ask that directly here so someone in the know can explain em. Good luck.

If you are in lower visitors section you'll be in West Stadium, Lower Section 21.

2012_donation_levels.jpg

Those seats are going to be hard to beat for that price and for that game in that part of the stadium.

For the most part, you'll see Husker fans in those visitors section. But for this match up, I would anticipate being surrounded by BYU fans. Here's the game against UCLA in 2013.

88e88f2a-b664-4c72-85a9-43f96509da45_500

There's a lot of blue in there. I have a feeling that it might be the same for the BYU game.

If it were me. And this is strictly personal, I'd sit surrounded by Husker fans. This is not for the any perceived threat from visiting fans. I'd still do the same if they were the nicest fans in the world. Just thinking to my first Husker game experience being surrounded by other Husker fans decked in red was something special. You can really feel the camaraderie. Giving strangers high fives was so cool when I was little. Clapping along with the fight songs and yelling "GO BIG RED" at every opportunity, as a youngin' I was comfortable doing that around like-minded individuals. I wouldn't have done that around opposing fans. I would be scared of being perceived as being rude to them.

But that's just me. I'm a weirdo, maybe your kids would have a blast no matter what. Inevitably, it's going to be a special time for them.

Those are some good seats, for a decent price.

• Fire 1

If you are in lower visitors section you'll be in West Stadium, Lower Section 21.

2012_donation_levels.jpg

Those seats are going to be hard to beat for that price and for that game in that part of the stadium.

For the most part, you'll see Husker fans in those visitors section. But for this match up, I would anticipate being surrounded by BYU fans. Here's the game against UCLA in 2013.

88e88f2a-b664-4c72-85a9-43f96509da45_500

There's a lot of blue in there. I have a feeling that it might be the same for the BYU game.

If it were me. And this is strictly personal, I'd sit surrounded by Husker fans. This is not for the any perceived threat from visiting fans. I'd still do the same if they were the nicest fans in the world. Just thinking to my first Husker game experience being surrounded by other Husker fans decked in red was something special. You can really feel the camaraderie. Giving strangers high fives was so cool when I was little. Clapping along with the fight songs and yelling "GO BIG RED" at every opportunity, as a youngin' I was comfortable doing that around like-minded individuals. I wouldn't have done that around opposing fans. I would be scared of being perceived as being rude to them.

But that's just me. I'm a weirdo, maybe your kids would have a blast no matter what. Inevitably, it's going to be a special time for them.

Those are some good seats, for a decent price.

That is what I was thinking. And actually byu fans can be pretty nasty - especially if they are losing - which, let's hope, they will be!

I will probably need 4-6 tickets. If I don't buy through BYU where is my next best bet? Any other tips for making my kids (and mine!) first Husker football experience positive?

I've sat in the visitor's section before. It all depends on the crowd. If they're decent folks, you'll be fine.

There are almost always tickets returned from opponents, but I wouldn't count on that. Nor would I count on scalpers. If you have a chance to secure tickets now, even in the visitor's section, buy them. Odds are good you'll be surrounded by mostly Husker fans.

Well, there's always your usual Stubhubs and such. Which could be pretty pricey, obviously. You might find some other obscure 3rd party ticket seller online. Some of those sites can be sketchy. Just make sure that they guarantee entry no matter what. Stubhub is almost always a safe bet.

TicketExpress advertises pretty heavily here in Lincoln, so because of that, I'd assume their legit.

Be weary of service fees too. Stubhub's prices are exactly what you pay. No hidden fees at checkout, other sites tack on an additional $25 or so at checkout. (I am sounding like a spokesperson for Stubhub now...)

It wouldn't hurt to request tickets from the University too.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBHG&linkID=huskers&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

There's a link for a request for tickets. Heck, it might even be worth calling the ticket office. Although, they might only have Row 90+ seats available in North and South stadiums at this point. But they would be at face value.

Current map below. cg-8s comment about the fun of sitting with Husker fans is also the way I feel. However, it'll cost you. Section 1 and 31 I'd guess will cost 150-250 each for that game. Kid friendly stuff will probably happen inside the Ed Weir track area. It may be possible for you to get or trade for 21/22 isle seats? Even trade after you arrive to the section? Bribe a group with a crisp 20 and a hearty Husker smile? I'm cheap so I'd get the trade done for free.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3161406.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100&