Gill's debut: Buffalo vs. Temple

Living in NJ our local cable carried the game - I watched for awhile but then found something more exciting to do, watch paint dry. Glad TG came away with a victory but sweet jesus they are bad.

Watch paint dry... :lol:

Personally I prefer watching a car rust.

With no scoring in until the 4th, I'm sure it was painful to watch...

Hopefully the other games will be more engaging.

great win, thoug for TG. :thumbs

Gill era in Buffalo begins with win over Temple

The Associated Press

(September 1, 2006) — AMHERST — Turner Gill would've preferred a little less suspense and a lot more scoring.

The win — however ugly — Gill will take, coming in his first game as head coach of perennially struggling Buffalo.

When James Starks sealed the 9-3 victory over Temple on Thursday night, scoring on an 18-yard scamper on Buffalo's first overtime possession, Gill raised his arms, turned to the cheering crowd and spiked his clipboard.

Two of Division I-A's most downtrodden programs had just delivered an early front-runner for worst game of the year, but it didn't keep the Buffalo faithful from celebrating.

The fans — 29,795 showed up for the coaching debut of the former Nebraska quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist — then rushed the field in a wild celebration, capping a significant victory for the Bulls, who registered their first season-opening win since 1997 when they were a Division I-AA program.

"It makes it even sweeter," Gill said of winning in overtime. "It doesn't matter how it comes about, what the score of the game is, as long as you win by one point that's all you need to do."

Gill had many family members and friends in attendance, including two of his former Cornhuskers' teammates, receiver Irving Fryar and running back Mike Rozier.

Also present was quarterback Eric Crouch, whom Gill coached at Nebraska.