Ksu and Cu suck

HSKRNOKC

Nemesis2006 THIS IS FROM A KSU BOARD

Huskers sellout streak in jeopardy???

Posted: 9/1/06 10:42:59 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting . . . I saw this on a Colorado board:

As you know, the corn are quite proud of their home sellout streak.

Here it is, about 28 hours to kickoff and there are still tickets

available at huskers.com for their opener against Louisiana Tech!

If you got to huskers.com and click the Tickets tab (or here:

Husker Tix )

then click Buy Tickets, then 2006 Nebraska Football and then

Louisiana Tech, you can buy seats.

When you put tickets in your shopping cart, it appears that they hold

them for 15 minutes. If you haven't checked out by then, they

release them back for sale.

It seems like a small organized group of people could visit that site

at appropriate intervals and tie up a lot of tickets indefinitely and

prevent them from being sold. I wonder what type of safeguards they

have against that???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bookcat

Bowl MVP

Re: Huskers sellout streak in jeopardy???

Posted: 9/1/06 10:56:50 am

The conspiracy theory on that I've heard is that if there are a few thousand left...that several donors pick up the tab to sell the game out.

Not quite sure if I believe that or not.

BigSal

Bench Warmer

Posted: 9/1/06 11:17:36 am

I heard these were returns for LA Tech, if you look at the seating chart I seem to recall sitting in those sections 3 years ago.

NU's sellout streak will never be in jeopardy. The donors or administration will always make sure there is a "sell out".

knealio

Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 11:26:27 am

What is the seating capacity, 78,000?

5601js

Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 11:35:08 am

I believe it is mid-80,000 now, with the north endzone addition

jc12kc

Posted: 9/1/06 11:56:46 am

I think it maxes out at 80,000 -- could be wrong though.

Nemesis2006

Recruit

Posted: 9/1/06 11:58:53 am

I just checked out the site and there are some pretty good seats available. I could get 6 in a row in the middle of the north end zone, row 5!

Those are not returned LaTech tix!

KSUWildcat8991

R-Shirt Frosh

Posted: 9/1/06 12:00:27 pm

Fuskers finally getting smart

BugeyedEarl

Co-Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 12:44:49 pm

The official capacity is listed at just above 80,000. With 15,000 people signing up for the additional 6,000 season tickets this year, there won't be a problem with people not wanting tickets. And yes, there probably are boosters that will make sure the streak continues. They probably won't have to buy many seats though.

BugeyedEarl

Co-Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 12:50:37 pm

I just checked Huskers.com, and they no longer having a listing for tickets to the LA Tech game. Sorry to dissapoint. Kstate might get a couple of sellouts this year (Texas and Nebraska).

Zoltar1

Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 12:51:16 pm

It appears the game is sold out now. That link does not show tickets for tomorrow anymore.

Dominator4321

R-Shirt Frosh

Posted: 9/1/06 12:58:47 pm

Its hard to get the tickets mentioned above. I live in Lincoln and know that those are not available to anyone regardless of what any site says. There is a waiting list for Husker tickets.

Nemesis2006

Recruit

Posted: 9/1/06 1:23:13 pm

Not true. You can still buy season tickets right now if you call the ticket office at 800-8BIGRED

Gunther24

Recruit

Posted: 9/1/06 1:57:33 pm

A call to that number will put you on the waiting list.

KSUWildcat8991

R-Shirt Frosh

Posted: 9/1/06 3:30:08 pm

Pity so many feel there is nothing else to with themselves.

Blackshirts13

Senior Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 3:32:24 pm

Game/is and will be sold out....the streak continues. Thank's for worrying though. KSU should worry about getting a decent crowd for the first game instead of worrying about NU.

powercatpurple

Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 4:41:22 pm

Well, if we were the only show in our state, we'd be sold out too. Too bad you don't have a little in state rivalry you can boast about on our board...

See ya on the 14th next month.... and there will be signs directing you back home...as usual

Gawd I'm glad Football season is here

Dominator4321

R-Shirt Frosh

Posted: 9/1/06 4:53:23 pm

well nemesis, I guess everyone has been lying to me then. But seriously, theres a waiting list.

Blackshirts13

Senior Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 7:41:35 pm

Powercatpurple that is all thrown out the window when KSU can sellout for the likes of OU, Texas and NU but when it comes to other games such as Snyder's last game of his career...you cant sellout. Sorry, if you can sellout for some games you can sellout for all. No excuse

bslimz

Senior Starter

Posted: 9/1/06 8:17:21 pm

Quote:

Powercatpurple that is all thrown out the window when KSU can sellout for the likes of OU, Texas and NU but when it comes to other games such as Snyder's last game of his career...you cant sellout. Sorry, if you can sellout for some games you can sellout for all. No excuse

There are a lot of "interested observers" that come to games like OU and Texas that didn't come to Snyder's last game...local college football fans who aren't necessarily KSU fans. It should also be remembered that Snyder announced his retirement the week of the game.

I'm not perfect, but who are we kidding, neither are you.

IowaWildcat

Recruit

Posted: 9/1/06 10:29:47 pm

Hello Nemesis, My friend you can speak candidly on this board with no fear of being banned. We not only allow Huskers with class here, we enjoy them.

I didn't know getting season tickets was that simple.

:LOLtartar

I have been on a waiting list for a year now. If these backwoods rere's that just got da interweb know something about our team and ticket office that we don't please share. Until then, stick to making moonshine and f'ing your sisters. :thumbs

I have a good story. I was at the Big 12 championship game back when OU played KSU. I was with my Uncle and my Dad. Good experience. We all had Nebraska shirts and stuff on though. Anyways, we were socializing with both teams fans and a KSU fan asked us who we wanted to win. We said we weren't sure, and the dumb redneck and a few of his friends were like "EY! Yoo shouldnt even be here you husker fan.". The rest of the time we sat with the OU fans. They were all very nice and really enjoyable. We had a lot of good Big 12 football talk, and they didn't seem at all offended by our apparrel.