Solich keeps moving

Forgot how poor the Journal writers were....

I kinda have to feel bad about Solich. The guy gave his heart to the system for a long time and now he doesn't feel like he can even stay in Lincoln. Hope that he lands a coaching job somewhere that appreciates that kind of commitment.

When he coaches again, he will always have a solid team, just nothing "tremendous" as he would say. I heard he was looking at the Cincinnati job. He is originally from Ohio. Solich just tried too much to be ike Dr. Tom. You could notice in his demeanor. Especially on the field the last year or so, he yeld more.

The past is the past... it boils down to one thing, recruiting. Lord was the worst choice Solich made as head coach, not that it was the final nail in his coffin. How many games can a coach lose at home before we see there is something wrong? Growing pains aside, Solich never took responsibility for the losses, it was always excuse this and excuse that... wheres the leadership in those actions??

I BELIEVE IN BILL, as should all TRUE Husker fans. The program isnt about the coaches, its about the players and tradition. Being a 1 dimensional team for decades has made NU football predictable and vulnerable to loss. We arent changing who WE are, we are HUSKERS no matter who the coach is. As I said, it boils down to recruiting... when was the last time we have had top 10 recruits for multiple positions (at least 5 different spots) commit to Nebraska?? New Blood means new talent... and thats what wins games these days!!

Respect, the football tradition leading to this season has been monumental and remarkable, but how long can we want WAIT for another National Title?? We have the tradition of a top 5 school, Pedersen and Callahan are doing what it takes to make that tradition a reality in the trophy case.

Win Red.... WIN!!

Respectfully,

Big Red Jim

Wow!! Thanks you guys!! Usually, when I am that outspoken, people use it as a chance to slam me. I just want to thank you for being open minded about it... a win is a win is a win is a win, and thats what the Skers are expected to do. We as fans are expected to support the team, win or lose... its just alot easier to do with a W for the week.

Respectfully,

Big Red Jim

GO BIG RED

Yes I agree with the others, a well written response jjamuss. And for that you will never receive an ill word brother, not around here. That is one reason I really like this board - there is very little censorship (that I can tell!) and all views are permitted to be voiced. The mods seem to be very open minded which is very rare when it comes to boards like this, which really sets this board apart!

Look forward to more of your opinions Jim.

Is anyone on this board going to the first game?? I will be there with Big Red guns blazing!! I certainly hope everyone is as lucky as I to be part of a historical night for Nebraska football this coming Saturday.

I'll be at Sandy's sitting in the windows by the pool tables drinking Elk Creek. Stop by and let me buy you a drink!

Go Big Red!!

Big Red Jim