Solich keeps moving

• 1 month later...

I BELIEVE IN BILL, as should all TRUE Husker fans

I'm sorry but I cannot, believe in Bill. And, as for the "all true husker fans" statement, I think that's for the birds too.

I'm a true Husker fan, and I find a changing of the offense to be an abomination. We won on defense, running the ball, wearing out the D-line, and then throwing the deep ball once the run is established.

Why are we changing now? What precipitated the sudden need to change to the west coast offense?

Not to be an "untrue" husker fan, but when was the last time we recruited a "big time reciever"? Irving Fryar is only guy I can think of that was in that category, and how long ago was that?

I guess the days of our "blood & guts" grind em out offense are gone. Given up for the glitz and glamour of the west coast offense.

And I guess that makes me an untrue Husker fan...

I'm a true Husker fan, and I find a changing of the offense to be an abomination.  We won on defense, running the ball, wearing out the D-line, and then throwing the deep ball once the run is established.

Uhhh, we haven't "won" in a while. And by win i mean a national championship. It's only been since 1997 but as far as i could tell we were a long ways from winning another one. The run, run, then run some more type offense isn't going to cut it anymore. Other teams have athletes on defense that can stop us easily. I believe Frank Solich would have never won a national championship in his tenure as our head coach. I love Frankie for everything he did for this program but he just wasn't getting it done as far as winning it all.

The past is the past... it boils down to one thing, recruiting. Lord was the worst choice Solich made as head coach, not that it was the final nail in his coffin. How many games can a coach lose at home before we see there is something wrong? Growing pains aside, Solich never took responsibility for the losses, it was always excuse this and excuse that... wheres the leadership in those actions??

I BELIEVE IN BILL, as should all TRUE Husker fans. The program isnt about the coaches, its about the players and tradition. Being a 1 dimensional team for decades has made NU football predictable and vulnerable to loss. We arent changing who WE are, we are HUSKERS no matter who the coach is. As I said, it boils down to recruiting... when was the last time we have had top 10 recruits for multiple positions (at least 5 different spots) commit to Nebraska?? New Blood means new talent... and thats what wins games these days!!

Respect, the football tradition leading to this season has been monumental and remarkable, but how long can we want WAIT for another National Title?? We have the tradition of a top 5 school, Pedersen and Callahan are doing what it takes to make that tradition a reality in the trophy case.

Win Red.... WIN!!

Respectfully,

Big Red Jim

Talent will only get you so far (look at Texas). They need a different coach if they are going to take that next step and get a national title. I would not be ashamed of losing just one or two games a year. But year after year of getting killing in the Red River Shootout might be time for a change in coaching. Talent alone will not get the Longhorns over the Sooners nor will it lift NU to the top again. Bill is a great recruiter but I am not sold on him being a good coach yet.

The past is the past... it boils down to one thing, recruiting. Lord was the worst choice Solich made as head coach, not that it was the final nail in his coffin. How many games can a coach lose at home before we see there is something wrong? Growing pains aside, Solich never took responsibility for the losses, it was always excuse this and excuse that... wheres the leadership in those actions??

I BELIEVE IN BILL, as should all TRUE Husker fans. The program isnt about the coaches, its about the players and tradition. Being a 1 dimensional team for decades has made NU football predictable and vulnerable to loss. We arent changing who WE are, we are HUSKERS no matter who the coach is. As I said, it boils down to recruiting... when was the last time we have had top 10 recruits for multiple positions (at least 5 different spots) commit to Nebraska?? New Blood means new talent... and thats what wins games these days!!

Respect, the football tradition leading to this season has been monumental and remarkable, but how long can we want WAIT for another National Title?? We have the tradition of a top 5 school, Pedersen and Callahan are doing what it takes to make that tradition a reality in the trophy case.

Win Red.... WIN!!

Respectfully,

Big Red Jim

Talent will only get you so far (look at Texas). They need a different coach if they are going to take that next step and get a national title. I would not be ashamed of losing just one or two games a year. But year after year of getting killing in the Red River Shootout might be time for a change in coaching. Talent alone will not get the Longhorns over the Sooners nor will it lift NU to the top again. Bill is a great recruiter but I am not sold on him being a good coach yet.

It's about the players and the tradition? What tradition,all our tradition is gone now.

I wasn't the biggest Solich fan either.  He used to irritate me no end.

Watching him coach, almost caused several strokes...

hahaha. :rollin I know what you are sayin.

He looks like a genius compared to callahan. Atleast he tries to do some coaching instead of just looking at his plays.

QUOTE (DaveH @ Oct 10 2004, 06:33 PM)

QUOTE (walksalone @ Oct 10 2004, 07:24 PM)

I wasn't the biggest Solich fan either.  He used to irritate me no end.

Watching him coach, almost caused several strokes... 

hahaha.  I know what you are sayin. 

He looks like a genius compared to callahan. Atleast he tries to do some coaching instead of just looking at his plays. 

They make Rich Kotite, look compitent...

Now only if I could spell...

• 3 weeks later...

What a sorry sad sap fest that article is. I am waiting to read that someone at LJS is having an all you can eat spaghetti dinner for the guy. Get over it LJS, Frank isn't coming back.

Frank isnt coming back but oh god please take Callahan away and cos with him.... I thought when they fired a coach they hired a new one, not this time fire solich and hire a retard and his buddy

What a sorry sad sap fest that article is. I am waiting to read that someone at LJS is having an all you can eat spaghetti dinner for the guy. Get over it LJS, Frank isn't coming back.

Frank isnt coming back but oh god please take Callahan away and cos with him.... I thought when they fired a coach they hired a new one, not this time fire solich and hire a retard and his buddy

Keep poundin that drum, man. I mean, look how far it has gotten you! :wacko: If you are interested, the rest of us will actually be talking football in another forum.

Keep poundin that drum, man. I mean, look how far it has gotten you! :wacko: If you are interested, the rest of us will actually be talking football in another forum.

you can bash solich all you want but we can't bash callahan, get real.

All hail Frank Solich the greatest coach to ever to be fired at Nebraska.:worship Frank please come back bring Jamal Lord and Josh Davis back with you so we can get back to real "Nebraska" football. While we're at it bring back Davies to.

I never said that. That's all that guy posts. Nothing more, nothing less. At least you talk football *sometimes*. That was my point. Thought it was obvious.I guess not. :wacko

Listen to newearthhusker.