Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

don't think USC is as good as they were last year with Bush and Leinart and they lost a lot of starters but their depth is good.

OF COURSE they're not as good as last year. Hell, USC was over rated last year...big time.

Granted, Nebraska isn't in it's Frazier days either but I honestly think (no bias) that we have a good shot of taking this game from USC.

Like someone said earlier...we have to play error free football.

If I was walking up to this game and going to bet...if I wasn't a fan of either team and my pure motivation was to make money...my bet would be no more 7-10 to USC.

Now, do I think it will happen like this? I don't know...NOBODY DOES. Make your predictions and your guarantees but also remember that HALF OF YOU will be wrong.

Think about it.

Fact - Nebraska CAN win this game. It is by no means impossible or even close to impossible. NU could come away with the win and I think they have a good shot.

Now....let us pray!

Definately take the points if you are a betting man. We are going to take a lot of USC fans by surprise. We will probably have at least thirty five thousand husker fans there. Plus we are returning a veteran team. While USC has a lot of raw talent they are not experienced. Sure they have a nice twenty seven game winning streak going but these guys don't even expect Nebraska to compete with them.

16-7 USC vs. Arkansas in the 3rd quarter and Arkansas gave the ball back 5 times.

don't think USC is as good as they were last year with Bush and Leinart and they lost a lot of starters but their depth is good.

OF COURSE they're not as good as last year. Hell, USC was over rated last year...big time.

Granted, Nebraska isn't in it's Frazier days either but I honestly think (no bias) that we have a good shot of taking this game from USC.

Like someone said earlier...we have to play error free football.

If I was walking up to this game and going to bet...if I wasn't a fan of either team and my pure motivation was to make money...my bet would be no more 7-10 to USC.

Now, do I think it will happen like this? I don't know...NOBODY DOES. Make your predictions and your guarantees but also remember that HALF OF YOU will be wrong.

Think about it.

Fact - Nebraska CAN win this game. It is by no means impossible or even close to impossible. NU could come away with the win and I think they have a good shot.

Now....let us pray!

Definately take the points if you are a betting man. We are going to take a lot of USC fans by surprise. We will probably have at least thirty five thousand husker fans there. Plus we are returning a veteran team. While USC has a lot of raw talent they are not experienced. Sure they have a nice twenty seven game winning streak going but these guys don't even expect Nebraska to compete with them.

16-7 USC vs. Arkansas in the 3rd quarter and Arkansas gave the ball back 5 times.

21-10 Nebraska vs Lou Tech in the 3rd quarter and Lou Tech gave them the ball 3 times

Statments like this are what give NU fans a bad name. If you want to say that the 05 USC team was overrated when compared to the greatest teams in the history of college football, I would agree with you completely.

But to say that a team that came within seconds (a play or two) of winning a national championship is "overrated....big time" is, frankly, and idiotic statement. :asshat

Give the team their respect. :bang

Statments like this are what give NU fans a bad name. If you want to say that the 05 USC team was overrated when compared to the greatest teams in the history of college football, I would agree with you completely.

But to say that a team that came within seconds (a play or two) of winning a national championship is "overrated....big time" is, frankly, and idiotic statement. :asshat

Give the team their respect. :bang

So when someone posts how they feel...We resort to calling people ass hat's now? Nice.......... and you were saying about giving NU fans a bad name? :dunno

So when someone posts how they feel...We resort to calling people ass hat's now? Nice.......... and you were saying about giving NU fans a bad name? :dunno

When someone makes a blantantly, uneducated moronic statement like that, they had better accept the response.

If we can't use the :asshat , then the mods had better remove it from use :wacko:

So when someone posts how they feel...We resort to calling people ass hat's now?  Nice.......... and you were saying about giving NU fans a bad name?  :dunno

When someone makes a blantantly, uneducated moronic statement like that, they had better accept the response.

If we can't use the :asshat , then the mods had better remove it from use :wacko:

Moronic in who's eyes? Yours? Your posts kind of remind of some one that used to come in here before he got the boot, but I am sure you know who that is/was. Don't ya? <_<

So when someone posts how they feel...We resort to calling people ass hat's now?  Nice.......... and you were saying about giving NU fans a bad name?  :dunno

Moronic in who's eyes? Yours? Your posts kind of remind of some one that used to come in here before he got the boot, but I am sure you know who that is/was. Don't ya? <_<

Who was that??

Who was that??

LMAO riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight............ :clap