Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

I am so tired of this arguement and reading about how good USC is. The fact is that no matter how much talent USC has, they can only play 11 at a time and in case anyone hasn't noticed we have gotten better every year under Callahan and our own talent pool has increased every year as well. There is a reason why teams don't stay on top forever, it's because other teams catch up to them.

Win or lose I can see where our program is heading and I'm pretty damn excited. I think we can win and I'll be at the coliseum cheering my head off, just in case we do!

I couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!!! :worship:worship:cheers:horns2:restore

This might start a firestorm, but here it goes.

That is irresponsible. Maybe if he would have spent less time worrying about USC, NU would not have lost to S Miss, or had Texas Tech drop 70 on us, or have allowed Brad Smith put up 480+ yards, or have been humiliated by Kansas.

Just one man's opinion.

I can't respond to this in fear of being punished from the gods above!!!!!!! :steam

That is irresponsible. Maybe if he would have spent less time worrying about USC, NU would not have lost to S Miss, or had Texas Tech drop 70 on us, or have allowed Brad Smith put up 480+ yards, or have been humiliated by Kansas.

Just one man's opinion.

My God...you ARE Formerfan! You've risen from the asses and have taken on another alias. Good to have you back.

I am so tired of this arguement and reading about how good USC is. The fact is that no matter how much talent USC has, they can only play 11 at a time and in case anyone hasn't noticed we have gotten better every year under Callahan and our own talent pool has increased every year as well. There is a reason why teams don't stay on top forever, it's because other teams catch up to them.

Win or lose I can see where our program is heading and I'm pretty damn excited. I think we can win and I'll be at the coliseum cheering my head off, just in case we do!

Good post! :thumbs I totally agree. I'm tired of hearing all the naysayers and doomdayers. It's good to hear that some fans have faith in this team. I BELIEVE!! Have fun at the game. Wish I could be there!

I agree with most of what you said, but I find this paragraph to be interesting-

3.) Bill Callahan idolicizes what USC has done and wants to beat them more than any other team. This is THE game for him. I know someone who is very close friends with him, and Callahan has been been breaking down game film of USC since HE GOT HERE. Callahan has an excellent track record when he has had more than one week to prepare. Well ladies and gentleman, he has been preparing for this game for three years.

Just one man's opinion.

You guys scoffed when I said awesucks was a puffaloe. :bonez:bonez:bonez

My reasons for winning with the running game is establish the run and play -action them to death and play with the two/three tight end set.............the defense will have a chip on it's shoulders (collectively) and the homefield advantage will be diminished because I think 3/4 of the state of Nebraska is traveling to this game.

Carriker or any other Blackshirts puts booty on his well.......booty and I think anything can happen.

The beauty with Zac is he his battle hardened and tested. He is checking off and has alot of time in the pocket..................USC wont be able to put 8 in the box and pressure once the running game gets going spread them out and pound the rock..........keep the offensive line rotation up and keep their defense on the field.

Methodical and unforgiving just like Tom used to do it and this game is attainable.

Keep the faith Husker nation!!!!!!!!!!!!

:restore:restore:restore:madash:madash:madash:madash

I agree with most of what you said, but I find this paragraph to be interesting-

3.) Bill Callahan idolicizes what USC has done and wants to beat them more than any other team. This is THE game for him. I know someone who is very close friends with him, and Callahan has been been breaking down game film of USC since HE GOT HERE. Callahan has an excellent track record when he has had more than one week to prepare. Well ladies and gentleman, he has been preparing for this game for three years.

Just one man's opinion.

Hanging on to past performances is like the CU fans hanging on to their 62-36 win over NU 4 a few years ago. <_< Each season is different. Each game is different. There's only one way to assess how NU will play against USC and that's after the final whistle has blown. I think NU stands a good chance of beating USC. But personally, I think they'll outplay us just a tad more and we'll leave Troy with a loss. Just my personal opinion. :dunno

For all the talk about how USC knows the Huskers will be good, and this will be a tough game, have you seen some of the quotes? This is another team in our way was one I heard. They are expecting us to lie down for them like Arkansas did, and that's not going to happen. That is why I really think we will catch them off guard.

For all the talk about how USC knows the Huskers will be good, and this will be a tough game, have you seen some of the quotes? This is another team in our way was one I heard. They are expecting us to lie down for them like Arkansas did, and that's not going to happen. That is why I really think we will catch them off guard.

I hope we catch em off guard. I hope NU opens a big red can whoop ass all over their Trojan butts :restore:restore

Hey people,

Good luck coming to Los Angeles and playing USC in the Coliseum. If you beat our team at home, that will be a great accomplishment that hasn't occurred since I was a senior at USC.

I disagree with a few perceptions here.

First, USC is well prepared for each opponent. The last team that SC slept on was Cal in 2003. There, Carroll admitted that he didn't work the team hard enough in the off week or take Cal too seriously. Since then, the team's only loss was to Texas, and by the most narrow margin. The fact that Fresno State and Notre Dame played USC close was not due to a lack of preparation. SC had so many injuries to a young defense, they just couldn't stop the Fresno or Notre Dame attack. But I believe our coaches are too good to let our players overlook any opponent, especially Nebraska, which might be the best team on our schedule. The Trojans want this game just as bad as the Huskers.

Second, you are not going to overwhelm our stadium with your fans. USC controls the ticket distribution and you'll likely end up with the same number of tickets as other teams that travel well to the Coliseum; about 25,000 above the corner of your endzone. USC tickets are in high demand in Los Angeles, where the Trojans have the most concentrated fan base in the entire country. So I predict about 25,000 Nebraska fans, and 70,000 Trojan fans.

Good luck.

No one has put more than 5000 fans in memorial stadium in my recolection, just to let you know, and remember, Southern California has one of the largest Nebraska fan bases in the country, so just because the ticket isnt adressed to elkhorn nebraska doesnt mean their isnt a screaming husker fanatic frothing at the mouth somewhere in san jose california.

P.S. We bought a hell of alot of season tickets as well just to get that one game... if you still havent season tickets available a month before the season, your tickets arent really in that high of demand.... Try having a ten year waiting list that requires sizeable donations to even get on...

I think it’s admirable and flattering that Callahan has (allegedly) been preparing for the USC game for three years, but I sort of agree with the other poster about his focus/priority. A win over USC would be nice for the program, but shouldn’t he be focused on the Big 12? He should be working for 3 years to beat Texas (there’s really no other great team in the Big 12, so that’s who you have to worry about mostly), not USC. Wouldn’t you rather run the table in the conference and get the BCS bid, rather than beat USC and lose the conference championship?

Also, it’s been well documented that Nebraska’s fan base is rabid. You guys are loyal to a fault (for example, you still think that you deserved that 2001 title game berth). But I think that’s a great thing – it’s great for college football.

As far as having a 10 year waiting list for season tickets, that is very true. USC does not have that. But you have to admit…there is a bit more to do in Los Angeles than Lincoln. There are other things to entertain us here. That’s not a put-down. It’s just that Lincoln is a small town, comparatively speaking. This is the same thing as the Green Bay Packers – waiting lists for 20 years, but not much else to do in the city. Perhaps I’m wrong…tell me what other entertainment there is in the area.

It's not really about entertainment. If we wanted entertainment, we'd watch the corn grow.

Husker Football is about life. Better yet, it's a WAY of life. You're born and raised to love NU football. It's a topic of discussion at many a dinner table and diners/restaurants all across the state. It's pride in our team, it's traditions and it's history. Not entertainment.